Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

10k Streams on Spotify

• 3 years later...
On 4/4/2020 at 12:31 PM, Music With Marky said:

While it isn't going to make me the next Tay Swift (and man I am WAYYY too ugly for that), I'm still excited my last single hit 10k today:

http://musicwithmarky.com/files/10kstreams.png

10k Congratulations!

I was watching something on the news or YT about Taylor Swift. The video camera was rolling as she stood on a stage which was backstage at some event allowing photographers a chance to get a picture of her. She made sure to pan the room turning her head. She would pause and hold an expression which I imagine someone had coached her on. She was pausing and holding an expression/pose for the still shots. The pose was unnatural but suited for photography. Although I am sure some people have instantly been attracted to her, Taylor Swift is a cute girl in a trendy way. She is not universally model beautiful however her looks grow on you and she has a look of these times. Beauty is self-defining, meaning you make it what it is then the Field of Dreams comes into play ("Build it and they will come"). She works her look and her fan base keeps growing. As she gets older her fans will age with her. She will eventually be attractive to all age groups especially as she becomes age appropriate to the AARP crowd. So, I noticed Oprah does something for picture taking opportunities as well. She holds her mouth open showing teeth instead of smiling for the camera. I guess it is more flattering for her compared with an actual smile.

Now, you say you are "WAYYY too ugly" to be the next Taylor Swift. I think we all could benefit from a coach with knowledge of how to get the best results from photography and who also have an eye for what would be the best we could do in terms of hair style, fitness, behavior, etc. These coaches would also advise us on what to avoid doing.

For instance, when I was in Junior High School my best friend made this expression when he talked about things. At an age when you are exploring who you are and who you want to be I borrowed some of him to incorporate in myself. That expression did not work for me. Another friend told me as much years later after it had become a habit I repeated unconsciously. I was having dinner with a different friend many years later and we were talking about things that are flattering and unflattering in one another. What are friends for? You really need a friend who can tell you to stop doing something. I dropped that expression.

Oprah made the best of what she had. Early in her career she is more youthful and you can see her naturally. I did not think she was a beautiful woman in her younger years. For most of her famous years I have thought she was an attractive woman. A great percentage of that is doing things to show off her best. We all could benefit from learning what our best is. You don't have to be George Clooney. You could be a distinguished anything, just well-groomed, well-dressed, kind with smiling eyes like Kenny Rogers (pre-cosmetic eye surgery), Orson Wells distinguished.

• Like 2

Hey Marky, that's awesome news! Congrats on hitting 10k streams, and don't sell yourself short – it's a fantastic achievement! Keep doing what you love, and who knows where your music journey will take you. Your passion shines through, and that's what matters most. You can also use songlifty.com to promote your songs faster. Good luck!

• Like 1