Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Banned for Life" - You Make the Call

Brotha Mark, if you choose to send that disrespectful, petulant, inconsiderate, selfish, greedy dude $30 or 30 cents, it is confirmed that you're a better man than me. :laugh:

After that exchange and once we get over this pandemic, I would have spent more $ buying a plane ticket and making hotel arrangements in Cali.

That way, I could visit fellow forumites, sightsee and whup that guy's azz. :D

Sorry Prof- too late as I already sent the money, but I appreciate the offer. I do feel better now. And I paid way less than usual for a happy ending. :keynana:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's any consolation, I foolishly supported a Kickstarter campaign for a custom-built Minimoog clone that still hasn't delivered almost 4 years later. Because it's Kickstarter, getting a refund for that sizable amount paid in good faith is near impossible.

OT, but you and me both, buddy. He says this shutdown will allow him to work more consistently on those units at home. I'll believe it when I see it. Hasn't answered a single email or message since I sent him the money. This is after supporting the Kickstarter twice because his initial goal was too high IIRC.

Anyway. You're a nice guy if you send that $30, Mark. I suppose there's a toll booth on the high road.

My favorite line in the vendor's response was this -

"To me, you"re just the kind of guy who asks a lot of stuff and has no care in the world for others"

I find that humorous, as Mark spent many hours/weeks/months with me on this forum (and via email) helping me when I got started. He helped with with basic connectivity questions, all the way through detailed Midi routing issues and groundloops. He even once took time to make some cables for me, then sent them to on his own dime. And I am a total stranger to him.

Yeah, he cares only for himself. :mad:

The world is filled with assholes. It's weird, but as well as I know that fact, I'm still always a little surprised when I find out someone is one.

But here's the thing about assholes: if you make it to adulthood and manage to maintain your general assholic nature, you are by definition immune to the opinions and preferences of others who earnestly wish for you to be good. So reason is meaningless.

The guy sounds like a first-class douche. If his only power in the world is to "ban for life" some random customer out of his "thousands," he's sure not going to squander that power because the bannee calls him out on it. He WANTS you to call him out. That's how he knows he got to you, and getting to you is his tiny slice of power in a Big Bad World.

You were kind to try to educate him, but IMO cancel the sale with the CC company, buy elsewhere, and move on. Life doesn't give us refunds for the minutes we waste on assholes.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Thanks so much everyone for all of the support and kind words. I didn't expect this thread to go on this long and so it's time to release a bit of ego and a little levity:

"Judging from the basic, low level 'duh" questions you asked me, I doubt this Prophet will be competently fixed by you."

He may be right but no words could inspire me more. And btw I pride myself on "duh" questions - just ask my kids.

"Twice now i have used foul language with 'customers' you and one other. Congrats."

While this is a great honor I'm not sure I can live knowing there's someone else out there like me. Kind of like this guy I must destroy anti-Markyboard

l6lvkw9px2pf3kf5bzmw.jpg

43307e01ad83a44eb73f753f89c0708e.jpg

Thanks so much everyone for all of the support and kind words. I didn't expect this thread to go on this long and so it's time to release a bit of ego and a little levity:

"Judging from the basic, low level 'duh" questions you asked me, I doubt this Prophet will be competently fixed by you."]

Not often you get to deal with a synth guy who is also a pyshic, does he also do tarot readings?

He may be right but no words could inspire me more. And btw I pride myself on "duh" questions - just ask my kids.

Kids are always smarter than their parents, its called evolution.

"Twice now i have used foul language with 'customers' you and one other. Congrats."

While this is a great honor I'm not sure I can live knowing there's someone else out there like me. Kind of like this guy I must I must destroy anti-Markyboard

Everyone has a doppelganger - get over it.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

While this is a great honor I'm not sure I can live knowing there's someone else out there like me. Kind of like this guy I must destroy anti-Markyboard

l6lvkw9px2pf3kf5bzmw.jpg

43307e01ad83a44eb73f753f89c0708e.jpg

OMG I LOVE this reference!!! :love::roll:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Some of my thoughts on this topic (in no particular order).

Prolonged stress = distress = breakdown.

The Golden Rule still rules.

"Don't try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes time and annoys the pig."

You never know what's going in someone's life or in their head.

Just because someone's good at something doesn't mean they're good at running a business doing the same thing.

The dude's actions speak for themselves. Not defensible but may have reasons (regardless of justification). Everything I see about you (Markyboard) is that you're a really nice person. Yes, based on your posts and words, but like many here, I think i know you fairly well. You obviously posted about this because you were hurt by the experience (another indication that you're a good guy). Don't be hurt, you weren't wrong.

My 2 cents.

Greg

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

Sorry guys but if you destroy one of us you'll take us both down.

...No matter. :hider: :hider:

I like how your name tag on the upper left of every post you make now looks like this:

Anti-

Markyboar

d

So your new name is Anti Markyboar D!!!! :- D

That has a nice ring to it yo.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

The on-going dispute with someone that doesn't have a handle on his business wears thin in short order when you know you're getting the run around.

These types of disputes can only be settled the way this went down. No service, no payment. I would not have waited that long to contact the CC company to ask them to reverse the charges. Once you know he was lying, then forgot his last lie, it was time to take action.

A large number of people in our own country are not playing with a full deck, some others are scammers that intentionally take your money and try to get away with it, and others are just petty criminals. Honesty went out the window long ago, the word integrity should be removed from the Dictionary.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.