Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bandemic

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

finally got a chance to watch this. They all are amazing musicians. The sounds John can get out of his keyboards rivals his extraordinary playing talent. The ring mod on the Wurlitzer and the Boss digital delay on the D6, he uses as instruments in their own right. Fn amazing.

:allhail:

:nopity:

The sounds John can get out of his keyboards rivals his extraordinary playing talent. The ring mod on the Wurlitzer and the Boss digital delay on the D6, he uses as instruments in their own right. Fn amazing.

:allhail:

Medeski's drawbar technique has always been in a league of its own. I don't know another organist who uses them as a sound evolver to the extent he does, and yet he does it so tastefully, it's never overbearing or gimicky. I was a little surprised to see the Boss pedal with those tiny knobs instead of a big $500 boutique, but obviously he uses what he likes. His playing on piano and wurly sometimes goes into what seems like "random mode" and he loses me a little there, but I feel that's my fault not his -- my brain just can't compute what he's doing at those moments.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

• 3 weeks later...