Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How do I fix Kawai MP11se scuff...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the big hurdle in fixing it is that the paint is textured, so the sanding and buffing you need to do to get the repair hidden is going to affect the texture of the surrounding paint. But you could try building filling the spot of black paint (multiple thin layers, if possible) and then using a razor blade shave it down level with the surface.

I think the big hurdle in fixing it is that the paint is textured, so the sanding and buffing you need to do to get the repair hidden is going to affect the texture of the surrounding paint. But you could try building filling the spot of black paint (multiple thin layers, if possible) and then using a razor blade shave it down level with the surface.

I'll try that. Maybe that's the trick. Thanks!

Lowe's Home Improvement and other places now sell "textured" spray paint cans that really do work. I used the "Sand" in tan for a project my wife did (and it was sandy) and used the "Hammered" black color to refinish an old BB gun that was made of Zamak (pot metal). The finish shown on the caps does pretty well replicate what will come out of the can.

You'll have to mask off a very large area and maybe only leave a 3/8" or 1/4" peephole (round or irregular shaped may be better than a square) for the paint to get to. If the finish is the same on the bottom, then I'd strongly suggest you try a small spot there first to see how it blends. Also, have some scrap cardboard near your setup, and make a few test sprays on that before you do the keyboard, to ensure you have a nice even flow coming from the nozzle.

That Hammered Black finish did build up in spots and it had a really nice textured look to it when done, looking very similar to what you show in the pix.

Good luck.

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

Hey Old No7, thanks for the info. I appreciate that.

Cool, let us know (with pictures) how it comes out, as it could help others here some day.

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs