Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Al! :o:thu:

Thanks Joe! I'm glad you liked it.

Sounding good Al. What mics do you use? I see them here, but can't tell what they are.

Thanks Sam! The mics I used are Audix SCX25A-PS. They came in a kit for piano, which included adjustable mic holders that mount to the piano frame. They're large condenser mics in a lollipop form factor. They live in my piano (even when the lid is down). I love them!

Well, well, well Al--that's very nice! I like the bubbling left hand, burping out nuanced arpeggios from time to time--very Don Grolnick, I think.

Thanks Doug! And thanks for the Don Grolnick comment. While I don't know as much of his music as I should it's possible he's influenced me. I remember seeing Don with the Bob Mintzer Big Band at Symphony Space in Harlem in 80's and was floored!

I just listened to Rain from your new CD and loved it. Great job! I'll listen to the rest of the CD soon.

I got a request from a friend for a backing track so she could do a quick "singing from home during COVID-19" video, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to do my first recording on my new-to-me Kawai.

I've never recorded piano before, and I was pleasantly surprised how well this came out at first go. The pedaling is a little loud at times, but I think maybe just pointing the mics away from the felts might solve that issue?

Also, I've never watched a recording of myself playing before. I have some funny physical habits that I didn't realize before today!

[video:youtube]

Al that's a beautiful little piece! I agree with Jazzooo â that left hand is doing a lot of cool stuff.

Thanks Bobby!

Al, that's beautiful... and I'll be stealing some of those left hand voicings from you, to be sure!

Thanks Sam! You want to steal some of my voicings? That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me :)

Here"s a little tribute track to Bernie Worrell and P-Funk

DC In The Blood

I used Soniccouture"s Clavinet D6 and Broken Wurly, Korg ARP Odyssey, Trillian Bass and Addictive Drums.

Darren

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

I got a request from a friend for a backing track so she could do a quick "singing from home during COVID-19" video, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to do my first recording on my new-to-me Kawai.

I've never recorded piano before, and I was pleasantly surprised how well this came out at first go. The pedaling is a little loud at times, but I think maybe just pointing the mics away from the felts might solve that issue?

Also, I've never watched a recording of myself playing before. I have some funny physical habits that I didn't realize before today!

What a pleasure this was to listen to - thanks! :thu:

Here"s a little tribute track to Bernie Worrell and P-Funk

DC In The Blood

I used Soniccouture"s Clavinet D6 and Broken Wurly, Korg ARP Odyssey, Trillian Bass and Addictive Drums.

Darren

Love this tune - I just posted over at Soundcloud as well: the rhodes sounds excellent!

For what it's worth, we're putting together the first KC Compilations project that we've done in years (Quarantunes, Volume 1).

We used to do projects like this all the time - we made fourteen CDs a bunch of years back - but it's been a while since we made a new one.

If anybody wants to add anything to the project, the thread is here.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

This is a Rick Wakeman-ish piece I wrote at age 20 back in 1978, originally for a short film I worked on, The Power of Frankenstein. It's called "Tema di Victor" (Victor's Theme - for Victor Frankenstein).

I incorporated it as the first movement of a suite, The Oratorio of Lycidas, a studio release coming later this year. This live version was recorded last month.

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/u6llpoqePOQ

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

Bobodeath, "What a Fool Believes" is fantastic. I am loving the vocal harmonies. Can you tell me how many vocal parts are actually being sing at 2:52-2:53 for the word "He" ?

It's mostly all 4 part. I'll double check the score.

UPDATE:

My score has 3 part triads.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Lots of truly great music happening here, guys and gals.

I don't think I ever posted this because the camera work is so sketchy--lovingly but shakingly filmed by my father in law--but here is the great Don Grusin and I performing my composition Paris in December at a benefit concert in San Miguel de Allende I produced.

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

That made me literally LOL real hard.

Especially the one with the chickens.

I have one like those 2 but it"s much bigger...

What"s that 8 stringed instrument? Is that a Portuguese fado guitar or a mandocello?

Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.