Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MOJO Inventor ? + Favor .

I recently bought the mojo 61 and I am really pleased with the action and sounds . The keybed fits my hand like a glove , the keys must be a little smaller than regular piano keys .I noticed I can play more accurately with this keybed with no fatigue , The question I have for the creator of this fine instrument is , could you please update the piano sound which is the only low point on the Mojo , and what would be real nice , not shore you can do it , throw in a couple or one nice string sounds in there and maybe a pad or two . I have read the inventors name before but I cannot think of it , maybe Guido .Thanks .

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guido is the developer for the VB3 software engine the organ model runs. He worked with Crumar to make that happen, but he's otherwise a separate company called GSi. As for the keybed. The keys are exactly the same width as piano keys, however you will notice they are quite a bit shorter. They are also rounded at the tip and more curved at the edges. These are called "Waterfall Keys", and they are a staple of organ keybeds dating back almost a century (or longer). They're tweaked for organ performance style which is slightly different. I love the Mojo's keybed too. I have no problem playing Rhodes/Wurli on it, even though those EPianos historically had weighted keybeds and hammers.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

Thanks Elmer and Eric , so by looking at those video's I guess to get a better piano sound I would have get a virtual piano and there is no way to update the onboard piano sound , and Eric the action is great on the electric piano's and so are the sounds ,so I guess for playing piano song's I will just use the electric piano's which work great for doing the jazz standards from the real book .

Nope, Crumar and GSi are basically the same company, and when asked about using which name for which product Guido said he bases it on which name he likes better for it. Both are primarily Guido S and Andrea (Italian for Andrew) But they probably have a few free people working for them now doing assembly and stuff based on their recent posts about sending everyone home during this pandemic.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Also Guido posts here sometimes, his forum name is ZioGuido.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI