Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 45 1 2 43 44 45
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted by PrairieGuy
No, it's not rubbish. But I'm not going to argue with someone calls doctors idiots.

Can a person be a car mechanic and not know what this means: 2C8H18(l) + 25O2(g) → 16CO2(g) + 18H2O(g)?

Doctors are par excellent at being able to memorize a huge amount of information. It doesn't mean they're all good at thinking about it. That a quack doctor in Italy, that's sighed off on phony studies, says something that runs counter to the medical establishment, doesn't mean "there is equal dissent".

Lock downs work. People younger than 60 must get vaccinated. Masks work. That you can dig up an IDIOT that says otherwise, with a piece of paper that says he's a doctor, doesn't dispel the educated belief of the majority.

But maybe I'm wrong and you're a doctor and know better.

When there is a majority of doctors and virologists whose opinion runs counter to yours, why would my opinion matter yea or nay? You're the one promulgating fringe "science" ideas that run counter to established scientific belief, the onus is on you to prove your minority opinion has some sort of scientific reasoning behind it.

"There's *a* doctor that says hydroxychoroquine cures covid!" was a premise that literally got people killed last year, either directly or because of the IDIOTIC belief instilled in followers of Orange Jesus that it was a panacea, that it meant there was no reason to take any precautions, masks are an affront to your freedumbs, the Hold Water of "Hydroxy" would save you. *That was garbage that KILLED people*. Thousands would be saved if not for garbage rhetoric against masks, lock downs,and non-science based on quacks. This isn't some casual thing to muse about, "amp modelers sound as good as real amps", this is LIFE AND DEATH.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com
Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien
1 member likes this: nursers
Sound, Studio, and Stage Island
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
Lock downs work. Aside from studies showing it, common sense to seeing numbers fall in all places where it's done should prove it. "Should" I suppose being the operable word; cherry picked fallacies should not get the same play as established science.

The idea of "lock downs prevent the virus from mutating to a safer form!" - is being presented by people that I fully understand *don't know any better*. But I also know that there are those that will fall prey to the sound-bite logic of it, and it creates knock-on effects. I know for a fact of a situation in the military whereby "certain people in certain positions" had made/have made the decision to "let the virus run wild so we can get herd immunity": which is nonsense. There were people in my stupid hometown organizing "speakeasies" during our pretend "lock down" last year with the semi-joking intent of "getting immunity", kids having parties to "get immunity".

This kind of thing happened because *it wasn't considered cordial to address it for what it is*. I taught a doctor that would come to guitar lessons sick; he'd cough in my room, not really cover his mouth, and I'm quite sure made me sick at least once because of it. Meanwhile responsible people, whether they understand biology or not, cover their mouths: because it's the *socially required thing to do*. It's not optional. You cover your mouth, or you're like the doctor that I looked at with disdain. Social norms happen, and were it not for the social media platforms it would already have been a social norm to wear a mask everywhere, stay home if possible, and GET VACCINATED.

Meanwhile, just an hour ago I had a guy from Dominion Power in S.C. knock on my partially open door (nice day out so I had it cracked),and before I had a chance to get mask he's telling me through the partially opened door they're putting a smart meter on my house, and the power is going to be turned off. No mask, he's right in front of me.

*This is because we've decided it's impolite to challenge people ignoring scientific reality*. What should be a social norm isn't, because of that. "Oh, they should have the freedom to do what they want". That's bs.

I got my dad's second shot yesterday. 9 people had to come up to our car to check i.d., sign this, take the i.d. somewhere, put this on your dashboard, on and on. Much less than 6 feet proximity to my 87 year old father. The thing is, the National Guard soliders "helping" (standing around) most of the time had their masks pulled down. Going up to cars shouting directions into open windows. Handling drivers licenses, their noses hanging out or pulling their mask down while shouting. Nobody supervising had any problem with this, because.... nobody wants to say anything. I am quite sure between the clipboards, pens being handed around to the hundreds in line, random people shouting into cars, the incidental workers coming up to the car windows to get information (that they should have gotten online or over the phone!!) at least 1 person must have been infected in the process of GETTNG VACCINATED.

I pull up to the driveway at my dad's house, and his 75 year old retired neighbor is sitting at the curb doing something with his fishing poles, with no mask and yells "I got my second shot yesterday, I'm good to go anywhere!". He's not for at least 21-28 days, and even at that he's got to wear a mask, and can still be infected and spread it (despite having a much less probability of it).

Was he told that when he got the shot? I doubt it, since nobody said that to my father yesterday, either. BUT, this guy watches OANN/Newsmax nonsense, and said things like "you need to get your dad some hydroxy!" and ran around like nothing was going on, no mask. A combination of a failure of government to educate, but also for these disinformation outlets to brainwash people into *creating a social norm that supplants the one that should be there*:

"It's my right to invent my own science about the pandemic, and you're rude to tell me otherwise".

This "freedumb to ignore science" bs has to be shut down.

Last edited by Chip McDonald; 03/11/21 04:49 PM.

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com
Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien
Gold Member
Gold Member
A crisis will bring out the best in some people, and the worst in others. It has always been thus.

Bob "Notes" Norton
Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com
Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box
The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<
Page 45 of 45 1 2 43 44 45

Moderated by  Anderton 

Link Copied to Clipboard