Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FaceBook has said that this is inaccurate information. I think if you have reached the point where you can't hold your breath for 10 seconds without coughing, you are too far along and may have already infected many others.

Dan

The irony of Facebook, a fount of inaccurate information, saying this is inaccurate information is not lost on me.:)

However, the recommendations about drinking water, washing hands, etc. seems in line with what medical professionals are recommending.

Only on Facebook can millions suddenly become "experts" on coronavirus. My neck is sore from too much SMH.

Yeah, I deleted my account last month. Haven't missed it at all.

Much easier than blocking everybody that wants to talk about CV_19 or the election, which is EVERYBODY. Faster too.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Only on Facebook can millions suddenly become "experts" on coronavirus. My neck is sore from too much SMH.

Much easier than blocking everybody that wants to talk about CV_19 or the election, which is EVERYBODY. Faster too.

I just "unfollow" people; they're still friends but I don't see their posts in the news feed. Also have a no-namecalling and no politics policy for people commenting on my page. Otherwise their comments are deleted. There's also a 30-day mute function which can be fantastic.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I just "unfollow" people; they're still friends but I don't see their posts in the news feed. Also have a no-namecalling and no politics policy for people commenting on my page. Otherwise their comments are deleted. There's also a 30-day mute function which can be fantastic.

I had 2,800 "friends", it was an experiment. I stay in touch with my real friends via other means, the rest can go fly a kite!!!

I wiped my data and deleted my Facebook account long ago,.

When I found that FB was "reading" your posts and private messages, logging your likes and dislikes and using that information to decide what kind of fraudulent news to send you in order to throw a US election, I didn't want to be an accessory to that crime.

I don't care if it was for the candidate I liked or the candidate I didn't like, using fraud to throw an election is just wrong. Note: I didn't say "Fake News" - if done with an intention like that, it's fraud, so call it fraud.

I did a search and PC Mag showed me how to delete my data first. I do not want the sale of my information to support someone using it for criminal activity.

At first I missed FB, but after a few weeks, I realized life is better without it.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com

Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

I wiped my data and deleted my Facebook account long ago,.

When I found that FB was "reading" your posts and private messages, logging your likes and dislikes and using that information to decide what kind of fraudulent news to send you in order to throw a US election, I didn't want to be an accessory to that crime.

I don't care if it was for the candidate I liked or the candidate I didn't like, using fraud to throw an election is just wrong. Note: I didn't say "Fake News" - if done with an intention like that, it's fraud, so call it fraud.

I did a search and PC Mag showed me how to delete my data first. I do not want the sale of my information to support someone using it for criminal activity.

At first I missed FB, but after a few weeks, I realized life is better without it.

Insights and incites by Notes

I didn't miss it instantly, it was a relief!!! FWIW, I created a fake email account and used that to sign in with a fake name.

No phone number and I never use my phone for an internet connection in any case.

Google and Apple are no better than Fakebook, if anyting they are sneakier.

Running a cheap Tracfone, I make calls and texts and that is it. I have a Garmin if I need to find a location.

Yes, I am Neanderthal...