Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Martinic's Kee Bass for free!

I was download Martinic's Vox and Farfisa before they sold these to Arturia and are great plugins!

Now they give this plugin for free!

Kee Bass

I downloaded and it is very good!

It's an emulation of an old string bass keyboard from a German company called Rheem.

History

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this is cool. I'll have some quarantine fun with this for sure... perhaps triggering it with my Roland pedals, hmm? Thanks for sharing!

You welcome!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

Rheem is the company that now makes water heaters and air conditioners. They distributed several music related products in the 60's including the Rheem Mark VII Combo Organ which was made in Japan to Rheem's specifications and can sometimes be found badged with the Barclay name. The Kee Bass was originally designed as a pedal bass to be placed under a Piano and was apparently built in the USA at Rheem's plant in Culver City, CA.

gwbw8ucsbpw7vrcgficp.jpg

http://www.combo-organ.com/Rheem/Barclay1_small.jpg

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

I might be lying, but wasn"t Rheem the company that bought Roberts tape recorders? There was a model of Roberts (77x?) that could record its stereo tracks (left&right on 1/4' tape) independently - one of the first affordable machines you could do overdubbing.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

In the late 50's the federal government allocated $4 billion dollars as an incentive for companies that manufactured goods for educational purposes. Rheem saw an opportunity to acquire some of these funds by branching out into audio/visual equipment that could be used by schools. They started a new division called Rheem Califone Roberts for this purpose. They had a minority share of Roberts which was started by two men who both had the first name Robert. Roberts tape recorders were built in Japan by Akai to Roberts specifications and sold in the USA while similar Akai branded products were sold in the rest of the world. Other audio/visual equipment was sold under the Califone brand and later Rheem branched out into collaborating with Japanese manufacturers to sell musical gear. Rheem did manufacture their own solid-state guitar amps and a few other products in Culver City. Rheem had little experience in this area and were finding their way when the general manager of the music division was killed in a plane crash which permanently shut down this part of the operation.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

What an informative thread. I love info like this. Reminds me of when I found out why the old, classic Volvo 240 had such loud heater fans: they were made by fellow Swedish company Electrolux. They were literally vacuum cleaner motors.

UndergroundH: thanks for the tip. And I have to say, your country is one of my favorites. I"ve played Greece a few times and absolutely love the people, the food, and the scenery - I"m drinking Ouzo as I"m typing this! ð One of the my favorite spots is in Crete, right HERE at this lighthouse with so many bars and cafes lining the dock. Beautiful at night.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

What an informative thread. I love info like this. Reminds me of when I found out why the old, classic Volvo 240 had such loud heater fans: they were made by fellow Swedish company Electrolux. They were literally vacuum cleaner motors.

UndergroundH: thanks for the tip. And I have to say, your country is one of my favorites. I"ve played Greece a few times and absolutely love the people, the food, and the scenery - I"m drinking Ouzo as I"m typing this! ð One of the my favorite spots is in Crete, right HERE at this lighthouse with so many bars and cafes lining the dock. Beautiful at night.

:) You welcome! Yes, we are crazy people with good food and drinks! I am happy that you like our place! :like: