Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chick Corea on Facebook

Chick Corea has been going on Facebook at night and just sitting and playing. He's doing both Jazz and classical tunes (is it okay to call Chopin a tune).

A lot of musicians on Facebook, Youtube, IG and other places posting to help us pass the time.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he"s looking really good. Like, 20 years younger!

His playing isn"t quite as dexterious, 'flashy' (can"t think of a better word) or fiery, but for the most part it"s all still there. :)

I"m not on FB anymore so thanks for the link(s).

I saw him the other day doing some jazz standards and the first part of a Mozart sonata with some "Chick" blend in.

Not just he seems way younger, but his positive attitude makes obvious that this man is a wise man. I'll go and see the rest of his videos. He is an open library

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

I see Chick every couple of years and have recordings of every major period of his career. I honestly think he sounds as great now as ever.

I think it just he loves to play so much. I remember when I lived in Santa Cruz and he played the Kuumbwa Jazz Cafe great club, but a small stage. He had his fully band and his full keyboard setup. It was funny you could tell the band wasn't comfortable with how cramped they were, but Chick was loving have the audience right up to the edge of the stage. A couple times Chick wanted to go to the center of the stage but his keyboard went right to the edge so room to walk, so Chick just hopped off the stage and walked thru the audience all smiles and hopped back up to get to the other side. At one point Chick seemed to look at Patitucci and Weckel like come on guys this is fun.

I saw Chick's live feed on FB and loved it. He's one of my heroes!

I last saw Chick live in October at the Patchogue Theater with Brian Blade and Christian McBride. I first saw Chick in '75 (i.e., 45 years ago!) with Return to Forever at the Hofstra Playhouse with Stanley Clarke, Lenny White, and Al DiMeola (i.e., Return to Forever). I've lost count of how many times I've seen him in between. One performance in particular really sticks in my mind. It was Roy Hayne's 75th birthday gig at the Blue Note in NYC. I don't think there was any advance mention of the other band members, but as it turned piano, bass, and sax were Chick, Christian McBride, and Kenny Garrett! My wife and I got a seat very close to the piano -- I'd say six feet from the keyboard. What really blew me away was Chick's comping: so creative, so complementary to the other players, and a constant flow of wonderful melodies, harmonies, rhythms, and textures -- like a one-man orchestra composing in real-time with endless variation. He's such an inspiration. I'm very happy that he appears to be in good health.