Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Corona Virus thread

But there were a ton of people from China at NAMM, many from the Wuhan region, and I definitely interacted with them, so it's not that crazy to think I might have had back then, right?
I don't recall any, but I'm sure there were some. The one thing (besides what Dave said) was that I haven't seen any reports of NAMM encounters being a vector, and I think we would have by now.

In the basement of the main building there are a lot of Chinese exhibitors with knockoff products. I'm not claiming anything beyond my own situation: I encountered them at NAMM and got really sick. But I acknowledge that is insufficient data to infer cause and effect.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out I got groceries about a quarter mile from my house at a small, independent local market. I was the only person in the store and got almost everything on my list...

Do you mind if ask the name, or location of that market? Ky wife"s sister and her husband live outside of SF, and the husband is in his 70"s and high risk. This info could be helpful to them right now, depending on location. Thanks. And glad you"re doing ok.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

The mayor of the city I live in just made a YouTube showing the local fairgrounds setup as a field hospital, two hotels have be leased to be hospitals and we have two hospitals in the city. Then said in the next 24 hours our town will go into lockdown, but said all borders are going to be closed. Seems there is a whole lot more going on than the government local to federal is saying.

, if all migrant travel is banned, who will harvest all the crops?

Musicians?

Fascinating to be at a point where we can see which countries' approaches are more effective. No one who lives in a free and open society likes the idea of a heavy handed government exercising ubiquitous surveillance and control. And yet those countries are having the most success against the virus, in some cases with only minor disruption to their economies.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Turns out I got groceries about a quarter mile from my house at a small, independent local market. I was the only person in the store and got almost everything on my list...

Do you mind if ask the name, or location of that market? Ky wife"s sister and her husband live outside of SF, and the husband is in his 70"s and high risk. This info could be helpful to them right now, depending on location. Thanks. And glad you"re doing ok.

I'm in Pacifica, on the ocean just south of San Francisco. There are 3 Sun Valley markets here â one at Vallemar just off of Highway 1, one further back in Linda Mar at Adobe Plaza, and one in what's called the back of the valley in Park Pacifica at Park Mall. I was at the one at Vallemar. You can look them up on Yelp.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

San Diego ringing in.

Similar experience here. Seems like the big chain supermarkets like Ralphs (Kroger) and Vons (Safeway) are completely mobbed, and don't even think about Costco. But I've had pretty good luck with smaller independent grocers and Asian supermarkets. So far I've been able to find produce, milk, eggs, meat, fresh baguettes and all the other basics.

Be well, everyone. Things are going to get much worse before they get much better and the only way through is through.

Musicians?

Fascinating to be at a point where we can see which countries' approaches are more effective. No one who lives in a free and open society likes the idea of a heavy handed government exercising ubiquitous surveillance and control. And yet those countries are having the most success against the virus, in some cases with only minor disruption to their economies.

My way of looking at it is: free and open societies of hundreds of millions of people aren't, not really. We just move the "boss" from the government to corporations. I trust neither, but I trust one of them marginally more than the other! :D Another way of contrasting is that one way may work better when times are great--but when it hits the fan, profits seem like a less-than-great motivation to get society through to the other side....

I'm in Pacifica, on the ocean just south of San Francisco. There are 3 Sun Valley markets here â one at Vallemar just off of Highway 1, one further back in Linda Mar at Adobe Plaza, and one in what's called the back of the valley in Park Pacifica at Park Mall. I was at the one at Vallemar. You can look them up on Yelp.
that won"t help them, as they"re closer to Benicia. My wife and I were just in your area at the end of February, beautiful there. Thanks for the reply.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

I've had pretty good luck with smaller independent grocers and Asian supermarkets.
My daughter said the same thing about Asian markets. There are many in the SF bay area and nobody's going there. Racism? I dunno. Use it to your advantage. They stock everything.
These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.

that won"t help them, as they"re closer to Benicia. My wife and I were just in your area at the end of February, beautiful there. Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, Benicia is the other side of the bay bridge. Too far to go. See post immediately above â check local Asian markets.

I've had pretty good luck with smaller independent grocers and Asian supermarkets.
My daughter said the same thing about Asian markets. There are many in the SF bay area and nobody's going there. Racism? I dunno. Use it to your advantage. They stock everything.

Just ask yourself if anyone is avoiding pizza or pasta. :idk:

I'm at work right now, in my home office. They sent my work computer along with both monitors home with me, and I connect using a VPN. Feels like in the office, just quieter

My new computer came in today, and I'm working on getting it set up completely. I'm on it right now. Downloading Sonar X3.

The Publix grocery store by me has put restrictions on certain items, so more people can have access to them. Mostly the things that people have been hoarding.

We won't have an issue with TP for a while. We already had 6 rolls from before the run, then one of our nieces brought us a six-pack when she brought us some groceries, and the other day her sister vrought us another 6-pack.

My wife is going outside the house only for medical reasons related to her cancer. She has to get blood tests every week, and frequently, like today, has to get a blood transfusion due to the chemo she's on. The cancer center is pretty much on lock down, checking the health of all people coming into the building, and patients only in the infusion room.

Our church has totally closed down, and all services will be using livestream until further notice.

With Cheryl's bad health, we are being VERY careful. She's one of those people that this could be deadly for.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

This is something being done in the local St. Louis community: clonk

They are set up at a venue that is closed with musicians only coming in a few at a time to perform - one sound guy, one videographer, no other staff. Live stream all weekend with ways for folks to donate money to benefit local musicians and service industry folks. Pretty cool.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs3CyrUIr08

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I went to a local Polish-run convenience store - plenty of stock, except pasta. And the mushrooms were looking tired. They even had paracetamol.

Good luck out there everyone.

Cheers, Mike.

Originally Posted by waygetter

Migrant agri workers will be allowed in as per this afternoon"s press briefing.

Illinois has issued stay-at-home order.

Click here.

You can visit St. Louis before it's too late but I have a feeling we're right behind you.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

We have been given a warning, at the expense of Italy...not sure we have really taken advantage of it. Here in FLA tons of spring breakers were still crowding beaches and open bars etc at least as of a couple days ago.

The unfortunate focus has been on deaths, but young people are getting admitted to hospitals at close to the same rate at older people, and getting put in ICUs as well. They just don't tend to die ultimately as much--but IF they get treatment. IF there are enough respirators.

A Sky reporter got to experience ground zero in Italy.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-they-call-it-the-apocalypse-inside-italys-hardest-hit-hospital-11960597

My wife, my mom and I are all involved with raising my kids. We are 52, 51 and 76 years old, two of us with health conditions that make us high-risk. They are under 18, so they are in the "safest" demographic. For the first time (and it's overdue) I'm reviewing what happens to them in the event that there are no relatives able to care for them.

So far I've been dealing with all this by hiking daily. It's allowed - even encouraged - in the Covid guidelines for Oregon. One of the main reasons I moved into the Columbia River Gorge was to take advantage of it's dozens of fantastic trails.

The problem is that everyone else is too. With school closures and so many out of work, the trails have been packed. Yesterday on the popular Multnomah- Wahkeena Loop I passed dozens of fellow hikers at such close range that I could often smell perfume on the women. At this time of the year, this is a trail that I'd see practically no one past Multnomah Falls normally. With no real chance of social distancing, I won't be doing this one again for awhile.

The extra outdoor activity has been widely reported and has caught the attention of the state, so they may close all trailheads down - as they did overnight camping recently. There are a few little known trails close to my house - including one that I can walk to practically from my front porch. My plan is to use them if there's nothing else available. I just have to get out of the house.

Other than that, I've been catching up on Game of Thrones. Never had the time for that before. Initial reactions: Some parts are quite exciting, but some episodes have long sections that go practically nowhere.

But that's ok. I've got all the time in the world.

I avoid the herd.

Early morning is best to avoid crowds.

Hiking or essential grocery shopping.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

A helpful site

howmuchtoiletpaper.com

It will calculate how much you need based on criteria you input.

For my quarantine, I've got plenty of food, tp, and ammo ;)

2YaAlA.jpg

In all seriousness, this is some bad stuff. my area just opened a few drive thru testing places.

No one is out, so I do take advantage and take walks around the neighborhood. Also, as part of my jeckyll/hyde personality: I'm a true introvert off the stage, so keeping away from people is easy, as I work from home anyway.

All of our musician friends out here are making it a point to get their takeout/curbside food from the mom and pop places, and especially those places where we play music..

We also are developing a list of people willing to help those for whom music is their sole income..... i.e. helping deliver food and supplies to them.

Let's all stay safe out there. We've just had 2 deaths verified as related to COVID-19 within 5 miles of my place.

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

I avoid the herd.

Early morning is best to avoid crowds.

When I'm out for several hours, I'm getting hit either coming or going the way things are now. But agreed - it's a good practice to at least minimize exposure somewhat.

I'm a true introvert off the stage, so keeping away from people is easy, as I work from home anyway.

Same here.

And I care for 99y+ old mom belonging to high-risk group ...

House closed,- except for nursing service we need for about a few minutes every day.

I now shop for food and other stuff just only one time a week, wear gloves when I´m out, have desinfection spray in my car for the cart I use and everything I touch when entering the car again,- wheel, gearstick and handbrake.

Works well since about 2 weeks now.

And I cook myself all day, which is my hobby anyway,- so no restaurants, drive ins, bars and pubs needed.

Garlic, ginger and rum are good additions !

We also are developing a list of people willing to help those for whom music is their sole income..... i.e. helping deliver food and supplies to them.

Today I got an email GEMA is starting a 40mio EUR emergency relief for members.

I hope ASCAP, BMI and union as well will do similar in your country !

Let's all stay safe out there.

ditto !

A.C.

I went to Walmart and Publix today to lick up a few things

WalMart had the hand sanitizer right at the store entrance, and there was a line to get to it. Many of the aisles were stocked normally, but there was no meat, no bacon, sausage, lunch meat. Many of the frozen veggies were out, and of course TP, paper towels, and sanitizer were out. Surprisingly, there was plenty of bread.

Then I went to Publix, and they had similar outages, but there was steak. Tuna had a limit of 2 cans. Gatorade was 10 for $10, but there was a 2 limit. The paper products were empty, but has signs limiting to 1.

Yesterday we went to a brand new Dollar General, and they actually had Clorox hand soap.

I saw something on Facebook that rang very true.

Here in Florida we go through the same thing with Hurricanes, we just do it with no power.

Rookies

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

A helpful site

howmuchtoiletpaper.com

It will calculate how much you need based on criteria you input.

For my quarantine, I've got plenty of food, tp, and ammo ;)

2YaAlA.jpg

In all seriousness, this is some bad stuff. my area just opened a few drive thru testing places.

No one is out, so I do take advantage and take walks around the neighborhood. Also, as part of my jeckyll/hyde personality: I'm a true introvert off the stage, so keeping away from people is easy, as I work from home anyway.

All of our musician friends out here are making it a point to get their takeout/curbside food from the mom and pop places, and especially those places where we play music..

Let's all stay safe out there. We've just had 2 deaths verified as related to COVID-19 within 5 miles of my place.

Scary times, for sure. What is the relevance of guns in this thread or forum in general?

Scary times, for sure. What is the relevance of guns in this thread or forum in general?

I guess the fact that some people think it's relevant makes it relevant. My theory would be it just makes some folks feel more secure in the face of uncertainty. Any uncertainty.

Speaking for myself, I'd feel more secure if I had more keyboards. Good time to pick up a cherry B3/122 for the living room. My feeling isn't logical, but it's real.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I guess the fact that some people think it's relevant makes it relevant. My theory would be it just makes some folks feel more secure in the face of uncertainty. Any uncertainty.

Speaking for myself, I'd feel more secure if I had more keyboards. Good time to pick up a cherry B3/122 for the living room. My feeling isn't logical, but it's real.

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a keytar is a good guy with a cherry B3/122.

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.