Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anyone mounted a Soundcraft Notepad mixer on a stand?

Hi everyone,

I"m looking for a compact mixer for gigs and live-streaming. Needs to have usb in/out (for Mainstage etc if I want to try that), effects, and at least three XLR inputs and two stereo pairs/4 pannable mono 1/4' inputs. The Soundcraft Notepad-12FX seems to fit the bill perfectly, and is $50 cheaper than the Yamaha MG-10XU, which is the next option. Plus it"s smaller, and the smaller, the better.

With the smaller Yamahas, there"s an adapter that lets you attach the mixer to a mic stand. Using a mic attachment on a keyboard stand, you could have your small mixer right above your board. Has anyone found a similar solution for the Soundcraft model or something like it?

Thank you,

Max

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the smaller Yamahas, there"s an adapter that lets you attach the mixer to a mic stand. Using a mic attachment on a keyboard stand, you could have your small mixer right above your board. Has anyone found a similar solution for the Soundcraft model or something like it?

If you're handy with tools, you can always attach a standard mic thread flange to the bottom plate of the mixer, but don't go drilling holes without opening up the mixer and knowing how much clearance you have for screws between the bottom panel and the bottom of the circuit board. Of course that means the mixer won't sit flat on a table any more. Maybe the mixer you're looking at is small enough to fit one of those gizmos that's intended to hold a tablet and mount it with mic stand hardware.

41Knks1fECL._AC_SX425_.jpg

• 4 years later...

Wow, blast from the past! I've used an MG-10XU in the years since posting this thread, and mount it on a mic stand or on an attachment on my keys rig for some gigs.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I'd also suggest getting a quick connect adapter if you go with something that screws onto a mic stand.  I've got an attachment coming from my keyboard stand, then a double bar with two mic adapters that pops on that.  Both of these have K&M quick connects on them.  They come with bolts that fit into it, and these are attached to 1) a small platform with a female mic spot and  2) a mic boom.   No screwing them on and off, just hold the button and they pop on/off.

K&M aren't the only ones that make them, here's what I have:
https://www.k-m.de/en/products/mic-stands/accessories/23900-quick-release-adapter-for-microphones-black/23900-300-55