Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arturia V-Collection 7 on sale

Hey all,

If you've been waiting, Arturia is having their semi-annual sale. V-Collection 7 is now just $99 for current V Collection owners. need to log into your Arturia account to see the discount

I just did it as I wanted the Mellotron, which separately last week was over $150.

Just thought I'd pass this along for those who like and want to use this. No need for the 8 pages of "xxx is better..." :) :)

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I show it for $249 in arturia's site...

I was login and the price is $199...

Can you give me a link for $99?

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

I show it for $249 in arturia's site...

Can you give me a link for $99?

Ahh yes...sorry. I will amend the original post to include it's the special price for those of us who own V6 (not sure about V5, V4, etc)

It showed up in my email, and it's on my user page once I log into my arturia account

David

Ok, thanks!!!

$199 is still a great price!

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

yes it is... much better than $250

I am thinking very seriously to buy it.

It has a payment method to split the price up to 4 times...

I want to ask if you are satisfied with the sound quality of these plugins. I have not someone near to listen and play them and it's not easy to download all of them to test, so your opinion is important to me...

Thanks!

Is v7 that much of an upgrade from v6?

it has 3 more plug ins(mellotro,. casio cz and ems vs3) and if you have 6 version it's only $99!

great library, great sounding. you also can easily change the preset sounds sounds and save them.

Thanks!

Piano V2 and B-3 V2 are weak compared to the competition IMO. Stage-73 V is decent, but I can never get enough volume out the the instruments. The virtual synths are pretty darn good, but the presets are weak so it requires some serious tweaking and in some cases from-scratch programming to get authentic, usable sounds. Still a bargain for $199. I paid full price 6 months ago.

Piano V2 and B-3 V2 are weak compared to the competition IMO. Stage-73 V is decent, but I can never get enough volume out the the instruments. The virtual synths are pretty darn good, but the presets are weak so it requires some serious tweaking and in some cases from-scratch programming to get authentic, usable sounds. Still a bargain for $199. I paid full price 6 months ago.

I have Logic Pro plugins(alchemy and all the others) + martinic's Vox and farfisa, waves cp80 + Wurlitzer, addictive keys Grand piano. So if v collection's virtual synths are so good, maybe I'll pull the trigger...:)

Piano V2 and B-3 V2 are weak compared to the competition IMO..... I paid full price 6 months ago.

I only have Piano V2 and Analog Lab from Arturia at the moment. Piano V2 does sound digital but still good and playable for what it is. Besides Pianoteq (Modartt) whoelse makes modeled piano?

www.youtube.com/c/InTheMixReviews

I upgraded... a great deal.

The only problem is when I try to install the extra soundbank for Matrix V2, it won't let me...maybe it's for an older version?

I put in an email to Arturia...lets see what they say...

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

I pulled the trigger this morning, and now I'm losing a whole day getting lost in sounds!!! I'm not crazy about their Pianos/Organs....but the synths are a blast, some better than others. I'm especially loving the digital stuff, the Fairlight and the DX7 especially. I prefer U-he's stuff to the Prophet 5 and Jupiter, but it's all still a lot of fun.

I really like the Oberheim stuff. I'd love to own an OB-6!!!

But the entire $99 upgrade to the suite was CHEAPER than just upgrading the SEM plugin...which I have on the iPad and Macbook Pro.

It's a nice compliment to the U_He stuff which I also have...

I'm not crazy about their programming... it's like the DSI stuff, you can't judge it by the presets...

Tom

Nord Electro 5D, Modal Cobalt 8, Yamaha upright piano, numerous plug-ins...

Well, I just took the plunge on the upgrade. Waiting on my wife to give me hell now...

Now I need to look at a good controller. Any suggestions? With the prior versions I've just been using my Kurzweil PC361, but it's been a little unstable the past couple of years.

I've been using Studiologic controllers with V Collection 7 and Gig Performer. They work great and you can't beat the price/performance. Fatar keybeds, velocity and pressure sensitivity (aftertouch), with plenty of MIDI and footpedal options. The only downside is that they do not have an abundance of knobs and switches to map to V Collection instrument controls. I use the SL-73, SL-88 and Numa Compact 2X controllers, all under $700 apiece.

The Prophet V and Jupiter V will likely receive upgrades at some point; maybe the CS-80 V as well (I haven't kept track of which ones were last upgraded when). Arturia never stands still. I don't remember whether upgrades are usually timed for the Collection releases or not though. Often (perhaps always) they are free to current owners. Very few soft synth companies do that.

I use them even as-is, as they have some unique features that I occasionally need; just as with the Mini V, in spite of owning a hardware Minimoog Voyager. But I do try to bias towards the Roland Cloud emulation of the Jupiter now. I don't actually like u-he's Prophet 5; just their Pro-One. I can't put my finger on why they don't move me the same way. I prefer Arturia's Prophet.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I've been using Studiologic controllers with V Collection 7 and Gig Performer. They work great and you can't beat the price/performance. Fatar keybeds, velocity and pressure sensitivity (aftertouch), with plenty of MIDI and footpedal options. The only downside is that they do not have an abundance of knobs and switches to map to V Collection instrument controls. I use the SL-73, SL-88 and Numa Compact 2X controllers, all under $700 apiece.

On gigs where I make heavy use of the Arturia insturments, I use my Komplete Kontrol S61mk2. Since Arturia is fully NKI, my Kontrol has everything mapped to the knobs and buttons out of the box. It makes programming a breeze, having the knobs. I never touch the mouse or track pad to dial up things.

David

I bought it today. I did not play a lot but for for a little I did, it seems excellent piece of software!

Just to confirm that the 99 Euros (in my case) price work for version 5 owners. I mean, it worked for me.

I always wanted to get a Synthi A; software is better than nothing :->

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

I find the synths are a lot of fun. They don't necessarily give you sonically perfect emulations of the instruments they are modeled after but I have a lot of fun with V6. If nothing else, I would have never had much exposure to the sounds of a Buchla Easel or a how a Synclavier works.

I'd skip over their electro mechanical instruments. I am much happier with Soniccouture and Scarbee products for Rhodes, Wurly and Clav duties, and, of course, this is not getting into Keyscape territory. Ditto with grand pianos.

That being said, I was pleasantly suprised with the B-3 V2 as a very good upgrade. I played around with it for a while and thought it was pretty nice.

I don't need the V7 upgrade but might just go for it to play around with Mellotrons for a while during the coronavirus timeframe.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

• 2 weeks later...
Pulled the trigger yesterday morning. Been having a ton of fun with the CS-80 V controlled from my Ensoniq VFX-SD.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I'm deliberating in my head if it's worth $99 to upgrade from V6 to V7. I don't need a Mellotron but I could entertain myself for hours with a Mellotron.... Should I resist the Mellotron?

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

I'm deliberating in my head if it's worth $99 to upgrade from V6 to V7. I don't need a Mellotron but I could entertain myself for hours with a Mellotron.... Should I resist the Mellotron?

Both CZV and SynthiV are fantastic too, so i believe it's worth...

This is the tempting proposition that could push me into that new laptop purchase I've been putting off several months now. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"