Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Forum software changes

In case any of y'all miss the global sticky or wanna make a comment, check it out!

Primary Changes In This Release

Likes system with Likes summary pages for threads and users.

Major updates to the UBBT77 and UBBT77-Dark forum styles.

Post sharing menu for Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Email.

Quick Search within the navigation-bar.

Threaded Mode topic tree updates.

Fixed new private message indicator.

Updated Member Profile page.

Posts can now be unapproved.

New user registration issues fixed.

RSS feed time and formatting issues fixed.

New sticky Control Panel breadcrumbs bar.

Control Panel data column sorting and zebra striping.

Additional information in the Member Editor.

Style Editor updates and fixes.

Improved Cache Manager.

Improved Database Backup.

Content Rebuilder is now faster.

Transition tool for unicode support (Asian characters and Emojis).

Added more friendly url formatting (SEO) to the urls.

Updated several libraries and assets.

Cleanup of templates, CSS files, and UBB JavaScript files.

More bug squashing and layout updates.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NORD LEAD! Rats, too late. I'm semi-dazzled by the turbo-group as it is now, contrasted with the sometimes lumpy older site. Its like my use of Logic; I have the main functions in-hand, but the rest of it feels like a starship deck. Dayam! I greatly appreciate the hard work of all involved. :thu::rawk:

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

.....I'm digging that you can now Like an individual post. We've been wanting that one for a while. :w00t:

dB

Yep plus heaps to this! Thanks

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

Let me be the first to say: Nord Lead

X-Stand

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Forum Like Systems encourage cliche-ish follow-the-crowd behavior. Is there value in seeing how much a post is liked? People ought to feel the way they feel based on their own determination.

I am delighted about the new like button. If someone has said something which I find particularly helpful (or funny), I would want to express my appreciation in this way. It will also save me having to make a separate post to do so - which I have done on many occasions......thus keeping forum threads to a more manageable length......( although this may prove very detrimental to my post count in the long term.... )

The value to the recipient is .... hopefully...... that it simply feels nice to have your efforts appreciated.....even if just by a tiny minority of people. (and I should know...after all, I play jazz...........)

As for cliche-ish-follow-the-crowd behaviour: please remember that you are addressing a room full of MUSICIANS. Surely one of the most individualistic and non conformist of groups..... :keynana:

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

OK

Having just tried it here for the first time I have a suggestion: It is clumsy being taken to a display of the targeted post you wish to like in order to Like it. IMO it should be seamless. Just click on Like to like and reclick on Like if you want to unlike it. No need to shift to an isolated view of the post.

Having just tried it here for the first time I have a suggestion: It is clumsy being taken to a display of the targeted post you wish to like in order to Like it. IMO it should be seamless. Just click on Like to like and reclick on Like if you want to unlike it. No need to shift to an isolated view of the post.

Agreed. The idea of having to confim a Like is way goofy. Not sure what they were thinking there... :idk::facepalm:

I'll bet it goes away in the next rev.

dB

Thanks for the new revision! I really like the LIKE button.

Is there a name to distinguish it from former revisions? Will there be a new thread for bug reports and requests?

I've had the flashing sign for, "You've got a PM" that has been flashing erroneously from the time before the last major revision. Today I signed out and signed back in and it's still flashing.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

Forum Like Systems encourage cliche-ish follow-the-crowd behavior. Is there value in seeing how much a post is liked? People ought to feel the way they feel based on their own determination.

Agree 100%. Even been proven by studies done on how people perceive value based on the number of Instagram likes, and what it does to the psyche. Strange but seems to be the case. I'll just stick to saying "thank you" or "agree" like a human, instead of communicating through symbols like machines. :thu:

At very least, could we remove the "like" statistic under each person's username? That's more of a potential issue than the post like itself. "Gee, that one guy's been a member of the forum since the beginning, but only has one like; must not be any good. I'll just go with the advice from the troll posting links with 20 likes." Not that that would necessarily happen here, but I've seen it play out on other non-music forums.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

At very least, could we remove the "like" statistic under each person's username? That's more of a potential issue than the post like itself. "Gee, that one guy's been a member of the forum since the beginning, but only has one like; must not be any good. I'll just go with the advice from the troll posting links with 20 likes." Not that that would necessarily happen here, but I've seen it play out on other non-music forums.

I'm inclined to agree with that as well.

I do dig the Like button - as previously mentioned by others, it's an easy way to add a +1 to someone else's post. I could definitely live without the trappings, though.

dB

With this in place a single popular post gives a distorted impression of the member. It works both ways. On other forums I have seen massive unlikes from a single post. People will even seek their earlier Likes to unlike them based on a single post by the member.