Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2020-2021 Thread

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Small sample size (2 games). But so far the quality of officiating in the XFL looks higher than what I saw in the NFL this year.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

If you give credence to all the QB rumors in this social media driven hot take/ clickbait culture then the Chicago Bears are going to have 14 veteran QBs at camp this year. And the latest is they are going to trade Khalil Mack for the #1 or #2 pick and draft another QB.

Rumors ... ie internet Jackwagons who just make stuff up.

• 2 weeks later...
Going to the first Battlehawks home game. St. Louis sold out the first game. 27,000+. Just opening up the lower bowl. I hope this league survives.

I'm glad the Skins decided to cut bait with Josh Norman, Paul Richardson and Jordan Reed.

New coaching staff should give the younger players on the roster a chance along with using the draft and free agency to bring in other players.

Although I'm a huge football fan, I have zero interest in the XFL. :D:cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Why not? Vince McMahon? Don't want to get heart broken by a league that might only last a season? Something else?

I've watched some of the games, but not closely enough to notice the rules differences, except the extra point stuff.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Why not? Vince McMahon? Don't want to get heart broken by a league that might only last a season? Something else?

The Super Bowl has conditioned me to give up watching football until late summer. :laugh:

In the meantime, I get my NFL fix watching and listening to and discussing football related news. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

My main interest in the XFL at this point is how it might affect the NFL. Will any XFL formattingâlike its kickoffâget adopted by the NFL?

I watched a little bit of one game last weekend. While I doubt that any of the XFL players are good enough to warm a bench in the NFL, their level of play was certainly better than that of an average college team.

I doubt I'll watch much of the inaugural season, but I'll probably land on a game once or twice more while channel surfing.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

The games are a lot of fun. More of a party atmosphere than NFL games. If your team wins that just a plus.

• 3 weeks later...

Cardinals acquired WR DeAndre Hopkins and a fourth-round pick from the Texans in exchange for RB David Johnson and a second-round pick.

:pop::waitwhat:

Staggering, stupefying. Bill O'Brien's foolish loss is the Cardinals' immense gain. Hopkins had a "down" 2019 as he caught "only" 104 balls for 1,165 yards and seven touchdowns, but there was quite literally zero evidence he had lost a step. The best body control receiver in the entire NFL still does not turn 28 until June. It's a grievous misstep for Houston and gift of a lifetime for Kyler Murray, who lacked consistent weapons as a rookie. As was the case with Hopkins and Deshaun Watson, he should work beautifully with Murray when the sophomore is outside the pocket. Murray also has the cannon necessary to find Hopkins down the sideline from the pocket. Even with the change of scenery, Hopkins remains a locked-in, top-three WR1. Bill O'Brien, call your attorney.

Wow. Houston front office should be fired. :facepalm:

Austin Hooper going to Cleveland as well, apparently....because they deeeeefinitely needed more receiving talent... :rolleyes:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Cardinals acquired WR DeAndre Hopkins and a fourth-round pick from the Texans in exchange for RB David Johnson and a second-round pick.

:pop::waitwhat:

Austin Hooper going to Cleveland as well, apparently....because they deeeeefinitely needed more receiving talent... :rolleyes:

D8mn. Free agency and trade is going to be bananas. :laugh:

Teams were concerned about players being loyal. :rolleyes:

I was hoping the Skins would look at Austin Hooper. Oh well.... :cool:

PD

Witten going to the Raiders surprises me. I thought he would retire.

He's 37, probably should retire. Raiders paying him a lot of money on a 1 year contract for someone his age, plus he gets to play in Las Vegas, should the team actually play there this year.

:nopity:

Free agency is banans already. :D

I'd imagine it will be easy enough for us to figure out who's playing in a different uniform.

Watching players on different teams will make foe an exciting season.

I'm curious to see if the Bears or Pats pick up Cam Newton or Jameis Winston. :laugh::cool:

PD

:snax: Should be an interesting season. Hopefully the health scare is gone and we'll have some very excited fan bases.

I wonder if there was something amiss with Deandre Hopkins. I remember watching one game last year where he missed a couple of balls, but overall I believe he was one of, if not, the best receivers in the league. They really have made some scratch your head moves in recent history.

SO who goes to New England? Dalton? Winston? Cam? :snax:

He's 37, probably should retire. Raiders paying him a lot of money on a 1 year contract for someone his age, plus he gets to play in Las Vegas, should the team actually play there this year.

They"ll pay him just about anything to keep him out of broadcasting.

:D

I don't know of a single Houston Texans fan, nor of anyone here that pays *any* attention to the team, that's happy with that trade nor BOB right now. They didn't even get a first round pick for him. You know, where they could have drafted a decent wide out. :facepalm:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

According to Michael Irvin, O'Brien compared Hopkins to Aaron Hernandez during a private meeting. Not many professional relationships could recover after that type of insinuation.

Apparently, O'Brien also made disparaging remarks about Hopkins' multiple baby mamas. :eek:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk: