Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg Module Pro iOS with layer, split and Midi learn

I think it is possible with programming a knob on my controller keyboard to do this through the Midi CC# learn function, but still I'm not so sure it can work for me...

I am considering to purchase the performance expansion for the split and the Midi learn feature. But I read in the manual that only pianos, clavs and organ can receive Midi CCs to control a few parameters. What about parameters of synth sounds such as Cutoff, Resonance etc.? Can't the be controlled by Midi CCs? I don't want to buy the expansions only to find out that synth sounds can't be controlled the way I need it.

Do any of you fellow Module users know this?

No one?

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can tell, synth parameters cannot be mapped to external CC's in Pro.

I've used Module and Module Pro a lot in the past, but it's become sort of a backup. The APs and EPs are pretty good, but organ and synths are weak. In my app roster, Module Pro is like the utility guy who can play any infield position when the star player is out.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

• 1 year later...

I've got Module Pro and Korg's plugKEY. I'd like to try the split / layer extension (mostly for bringing it to rehearsals as a simple sound source).

I've got an iPhone 11 and the latest version. I installed a trial from the "Store" page, but nothing is showing on the app. The manual says you need to set up layers from the Set List page, but nothing's there either - I can only select single sounds. The category "Layer Elements" appeared in the browser, but those are single sounds too.

Does it only work on an iPad? The PDF manual doesn't say.