Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

$300. Vox AC30 112 clone.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surfer Girl, Amp weight is a very important factor, especially for this old guy! The 18kg is about 41lbs. So if yours is 13lbs lighter that would clock in at about 28lbs. That would be a great little tube amp weight! I like the two 6L6's for power tubes and the 112 speaker lightweight cab. My Hot Rod DeVille and Hot Rod Deluxe use 2 6L6's. They provide more than enough in the tube power department. Vox 30's are pretty popular amps. Hope you get the amp soon! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

I doubt I will get one, I have the vt40 and Joyo ace 30 pedal that cover the Vox bases. 1 more guitar and that will be my last major purchase. We are out of room and getting another amp would mean I'd have to get rid of one. Bass player boyfriend/roommate=to much stuff for 950 sqft house.
Jenny S.

I always keep saying "one more guitar" too LOL! This time I'm pretty sure I found the last one! I have to start selling stuff and make some room one of these days...Keep us posted on any gear acquisitions (especially that next guitar!). :thu:
Take care, Larryz

I doubt I will get one, I have the vt40 and Joyo ace 30 pedal that cover the Vox bases. 1 more guitar and that will be my last major purchase. We are out of room and getting another amp would mean I'd have to get rid of one. Bass player boyfriend/roommate=to much stuff for 950 sqft house.

Kinda handy having a bass around too!

Make sure to learn how to play bass, every guitarist should know that (and I think every bassist should learn guitar too). If you can sing and play bass you'll always have a gig (and turning people down!).

They are not the same instrument but they cross-pollenate well.

My knowledge of chords serves me well on bass.

My knowledge of bass serves me well on guitar, I've learned to groove on guitar better.

Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

+1 Having a roommate/boyfriend that plays bass presents a great opportunity to learn to play a little bass. In my last band, I could switch with the bass player on a couple of tunes and with the keyboard player on a couple of tunes. Both of them played guitar and we had fun making the switch now and then. The audience was impressed. We all sang lead and backing vocals too. The drummer was happy just playing drums and that was OK too... :cool:
Take care, Larryz