Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer asking for user input on development of free DAW

My advice: Don't name it Cork Sniffer.

Ha! Exactly.

They suck so bad I wouldn't use any of their products if they were free. I guess I can't get into specifics because they'll sue me like they attempted to do to the people at GearSlutz. :D Really, I can't believe anyone uses their garbage.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice: Don't name it Cork Sniffer.

Reminds me of this. One of SNL's better efforts. Funny watching Janet Jackson repeatedly break character.

[video:youtube]

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

Reaper

I tried Raper, I mean Reaper, and really hated it. Some people like it but I found it cumbersome. Yeah it's 60 bucks, and I guess you get what you pay for.

The way I look at it, it's always nice to have different DAW options out there. For example, when I was in charge of uploading the weekly gigs to Dropbox, I'd do all the initial editing work work in Logic, but I haven't found a graceful way of splitting the songs up into individual tracks. Turns out Audacity does that really well, so the last thing I have Logic do is export a big wav file, and import that into Audacity. Audacity has a really nice mechanism for dropping markers at song boundaries and then exporting the individual tracks in whatever format you like, in my case .mp3s. The individual file exports all happen in one operations, with metadata and song titles being generated automatically from a template and marker info. There are things in Audacity that are a little clunky but man the splitting into tracks thing is pretty slick.

So maybe the Behringer app would have something it does better than other apps. For free, be worth a look anyway.

Isn't Reaper still free as well?

Edit - never mind, I looked it up. It's $60, which is almost free in DAW land.

I believe Reaper uses the old "Paint Shop Pro" system of throwing up the message "You are on day 284 / 60 of your free trial" I've never tried it.

So apart from competition with Cakewalk, Reaper, Garageband, Traction 7, Ardour, LMMS, Rosegarden, Soundtrap, Sunvox, PreSonus Studio One 3 Prime, MU.Lab, SoundBridge, Ohm Studio, and Audacity (at a push). Behringer might corner the market here.

So apart from competition with Cakewalk, Reaper, Garageband, Traction 7, Ardour, LMMS, Rosegarden, Soundtrap, Sunvox, PreSonus Studio One 3 Prime, MU.Lab, SoundBridge, Ohm Studio, and Audacity (at a push). Behringer might corner the market here.

QOTD! :laugh:

Here for the gear.

Kuru, I would love to talk to you about Waveform some day. You're one of the very few people I know who use it professionally. I have been trying to use it since version 1, and it just does my head in completely.

As for Uli: the concept of my whole studio relying on a Behringer product as a central app makes me a little bit nauseous. But that's just me.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Kuru, I would love to talk to you about Waveform some day. You're one of the very few people I know who use it professionally. I have been trying to use it since version 1, and it just does my head in completely.

As for Uli: the concept of my whole studio relying on a Behringer product as a central app makes me a little bit nauseous. But that's just me.

I'll start a lonely, unloved Waveform thread in your forum then, just for fun. I met one person here on KC who uses it but I've forgetten who they were. I'm kind stupid like that sometimes. Maybe they'll see it and drop by! Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.