Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

my dumbest question yet

I have a Motion Sound KBR-3D rotating speaker amp. There is a foot switch made by Motion Sound that I use constantly during Sunday worship because I use Hammond sounds quite a bit. It has a rubbery pad on the bottom but our stage has very low pile carpet and it slides all over the place. My only other pedal is a volume pedal and it is two feet to the right of the foot switch. Who has a clever idea of how to prevent it from slipping around? Duct tape won't work because it won't stick to carpet. I don't want a "pedal board" because I only have one pedal that's a problem. Maybe affix it to a piece of plywood that's two feet wide and 10" deep? Looking for suggestions, please.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you stand or sit? If you sit, keeping them the same distance from your bench while you play. Either with a loop of twine, or a rubber pad/floor mat with strategically placed velcro you can set the bench and pedals on, then roll up. If you stand, maybe the same concept with the keyboard stand. Similar to a pedalboard, but nothing permanently attached, and easy to roll up and carry.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

I sit. And it's a permanent setup, don't need to carry it with me. I will give the hook side velcro a try, did not realize it would stick to carpet.

Sticky Velcro attached to the bottom of the pedal - the "hook" side. This will stick to the carpet quite nicely.

This.

Just remember to prep the pedal surface (clean with soap/water then with alcohol) so the velcro doesn't stay on the floor when you pick up the pedal. Don't ask me how I know.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

My experience with velcro sticking to carpet, is that it depends on the carpet and the velcro being used. Not all velcro and carpets are the same, and even when they do work together, a word of caution... in some cases velcro can sometimes damage the carpet over time. If you"re just placing it once, then leaving it, you should be ok though.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.

I just googled anti-fatigue mats and found a 2' x 5' mat for $35 with a pebbled finish. Decent price. Problem is the gaffa (gaffer?) tape probably won't stick as well on pebbled surface as it would on smooth surface.

Use a piece of rubber shelf liner.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Since you sit, and it"s a 'permanent" set-up, I would just buy a floor mat. The kind businesses and homeowners use near doors so people can wipe their feet on as they enter. They"re available thin, rubber backed, with nylon carpet on top, and relatively cheap. Buy a size which fits under your whole rig, attach the pedals however you want (glue, tape, nylon zip ties, screw them in from underneath, etc) set up your whole rig on the mat. The church will probably appreciate that you"re protecting their carpet as well, maybe even spring for the cost of the mat.

I drop a small carpet piece under my stand that attaches so that the carpet doesn't slide. I drop my pedals on the carpet, they don't seem to move around for me.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

An outdoor carpet door mat is what I used for years. It doesn't slip or move around on smooth concrete steps, and stays put on the carpet in my music room. $3 or $4 bucks in Walmart. Works like a charm.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.