Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Most photogenic area....and go!

What is the most photogenic area, or the area that you feel is the best for photography?

I suppose for night photography, mine might be Joshua Tree National Park. And for day photography, possibly either Iceland or Pushkar, India.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming west from the June Lakes Loop, same road as Tioga Pass. We came around a tight curve along the side of a mountain and there was suddenly an expanse of granite that made me feel like an ant, only smaller.

Not sure about it now but 50 years ago on I-80 in the Bonneville Salt Flats. It was flat, white and gigantic. It took a long time to drive through it, a surreal experience. The road was perfectly straight for what seemed like 100 miles. Nonstop nothing.

Deception Pass on the Northern Washington coast is a spectacular area with lots of variations. There are many incredible places up here.

For all that, the area that is best for photography is where ever you may be with a camera.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Those are good. I am not familiar with Deception Pass, but I know about the others. June Lakes Loop and Tioga Pass, that whole area is definitely amazing. That quality of making one feel super small....I love that feeling and have gotten that in that region as well, and also the Himalayas.

Those are good. I am not familiar with Deception Pass, but I know about the others. June Lakes Loop and Tioga Pass, that whole area is definitely amazing. That quality of making one feel super small....I love that feeling and have gotten that in that region as well, and also the Himalayas.

You may have already done this but google Deception Pass and check the image tab.

Yes, lots of photos of the bridge from the same angle, sort of like the classic Half Dome image that everybody takes. I never want to drive over that bridge, it takes all I can do to keep my eyes on the road instead of the scenery.

I lived in Fresno and visited Yosemite quite a few times. No idea where it is now but I took a fun photo of a group of tourists from Japan taking the Half Dome photo.

Another friend got down low with a wide angle lens and put a red fire hydrant into the scene.

Yet another Photoshopped a half a watermelon in place of the "dome" but this was well before we had higher resolution capabilities and the lighting on the watermelon was incongruous so it was funny but a fail.

I thought of another place. There is a tram that goes up the side of a mountain in Palm Springs. Spectacular scenery and up top is quite different from your usual desert scenes. People do camp up there so that might be a fun place for you to investigate if you've never been. Cheers, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.