Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Daniil Trifonov ...for a Peaceful Friday

Saw him at the Kennedy Center Wednesday evening. All Bach except for the encores and I was surprisingly blown away. No flash, just beautiful singing voices coming from the piano throughout the entire concert. I always new it was the gear :laugh:

[video:youtube]

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put on your best headphones. We get used to the idea that the grand piano is for huge stages. But this intimate setting is, I believe, how how early 19th century piano works were performed. Stunning. There"s plenty of drama here, but it"s human scale, for friends and confidants.

I love his playing. It feels the same as YoYo Ma - effortless mastery that becomes completely consumed in the expression of the music. There is no technical barrier or impediment. He literally just becomes the piece of music. When I saw YoYo Ma the first time, I was in the fourth row in Chicago. Not 30 seconds in, I felt my whole body relax. It was immediately apparent that the music would be pure and perfect all night. Nothing would be strained. Too hard, too fast or too slow. Every note would be played with care and complete attention. I literally watched a man become the music, and I was blown away by his generosity of spirit. Surely he had already played each piece hundreds of times, and yet, it was fresh and alive, and he was willing to become that music yet one more time, pure and free. It is an amazing thing. Many excellent concert performers do their job very well, but yet, it isn't art every time. Sometimes its work. You never get that feeling with Mr. Trifonov or Mr. Ma. Gifts to humanity. Thanks for posting. Every once in a while I'll binge on Daniel's recordings. Shockingly good. They just feel so right - every phrase is lovely, the transitions are completely smooth. Just astonishing.

Monster pianist with the best touch ever.

This guy plays the most difficult pieces of music so effortlessly it's almost scary what a human brain can do.

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands