Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MusikMesse 2020 postponed indefinitely

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't yet see an indication at Prolight + Sound that it too is canceled, but probably so, as it is generally coincident with MusikMesse.

Used to be our biggest trade show of the year, but things change over time, and other trade shows have become more important to us.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Wow. That's a pretty big deal in the MI business.

Not as much as it used to be, I'm sorry to say. :idk:

The Messe has been going downhill for years. Splitting it away from Pro Light and Sound a few years back was a big mistake. Super Booth manufacturers starting their own show took a decent sized chunk out of it as well.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Dave, do you know if Prolight + Sound (formerly Pro Light and Sound) was also canceled? Their website doesn't mention this, when I checked.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Not surprising. I think we started skipping that show as of last year. Our biggest show currently is ILS in February. Good thing that happened before the scare; most business travel is on hold worldwide at the moment, as far as I can tell from what I've been hearing. A lot of vendors in computer music software skipped NAMM and were targeting MusikMesse but I don't suppose they need a trade show in order to have a big band with their product announcements.