Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT-Nashville Tornado

Hoping are fellow forumites in that area are safe and sound in the wake of a major twister. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The devastation is just horrible! I've heard from most of my personal contacts and the artists / session players I follow, but I would very much like to know that Messrs. Nathan & Rollings are okay.

We can replace/rebuild "things," but not people.

Sending positive vibes down there!

Luckily for me, I"m far enough away from where the storms hit hard that I saw no damage.

However damage is severe in certain neighborhoods- 22 lives lost. Bad scenes in Donelson/Germantown/East Nashville.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

Steve Nathan posted on Facebook under the thing they have there for events like this that he's okay. So did Kevin McKendree, Bob Boerschuk, and Tom Brislin, all people I'm FB friends with. I'm not with Matt Rollings.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

My thoughts are with everyone in that area, including my own relatives nearby, but I am glad to hear the forumites are known to be OK. 22 deaths is a lot!

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Likewise ok down in the Boro. A friend who lives in an apartment on Church near St Thomas Midtown heard the familiar freight train roar as it went north of her, but no damage to her place. Another friend whose office is in East Nashville said her building was without power but untouched. I spent some time tonight watching local news videos and interviews and it is heartbreaking.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

My friend Tony Gerber, who's known around Nashville for everything from bluegrass guitar to synthesizers and Tibetan gongs, lost nearly everything in a flood a few years ago. I was terrified that the tornadoes might have gotten him again, but he's fine, a fair distance from the path of the twister. But the destruction he's described was unbelievable. Here's to Music City making a quick recovery!

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Our little town of Mt Juliet got hit hard - we know several families who have lost their homes. We have been helping with clean up and it is very somber. There is a tremendous outpouring of support though, very encouraging!
Yamaha P22 Upright / Nord Stage 2 SW73

Our little town of Mt Juliet got hit hard - we know several families who have lost their homes. We have been helping with clean up and it is very somber. There is a tremendous outpouring of support though, very encouraging!

Hey, Karl - many of us Nashvillians didn"t realize (at first, anyway) just how far that twister ran - 50 miles! Most of the death toll coming from Putnam county.

My heart goes out to you and your neighbors and I salute you for helping with the cleanup.

Great to see the 'Volunteer State' live up to its name.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

Some reports about Nashville musicians to hold concert for tornado relief

From AP:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) â Sheryl Crow, Brandi Carlile, Jason Isbell, Dan Auerbach and more Nashville artists will hold a benefit concert to raise money for people impacted by a recent deadly tornado.

The concert called ' To Nashville, With Love ' will be held Monday at Marathon Music Works and feature artists like Old Crow Medicine Show, Ashley McBryde, Margo Price, Brothers Osborne, Yola and more.

Some in Nashville"s music community were touched by the storm that hit early Tuesday. East Nashville music venue The Basement East was hit, as well as the office for Dualtone Records, which works with artists like The Lumineers and Amos Lee.

Not a fan, but kudos to Taylor Swift who just donated $1 million to the cause. It would be nice if more celebs/musos/sports figures, etc, who have the means to do so, would step up to the plate at times like this.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.