Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Amp you would like to have, if it doesn't exist make it up.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An amp with one volume, BMT tone controls, one EF86 preamp tube and the tone of dual single ended outputs - 6V6 and EL84 but at a much lower volume.

If they could get it down to maybe one watt or so that would be perfect.

It would need indestructable lifetime tubes too, since we are making things up!!!!

1-12" speaker should do it, a neo of some kind so it is fairly small and nice and light.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Fender came out with my amp this year and I posted a thread on it 1/18/20. I liked the concept of a Solid State 23lb Fender Deluxe Reverb Tone Master with 1 12" Neo speaker, no tubes, no transformer, pine cabinet, amp. Sounds like the original tube amp (as close as you can get). Fender also makes the Twin Reverb Tone Master with all the same light weight benefits. The thread has 1,374 views so far. I pulled the trigger on it on 1/23/20 and my cost was $775 out the door. So far my dream has come true and I'm a happy camper... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

A 50W clean sounding amp with a minimum of two channels

Must be suitable for vocal, a keyboard, a guitar, and bass.

Must be light in weight.

Must be smallish in size

Must be an all in one box unit

Mains or battery powered

Inbuilt effects not required

EDIT

Must not look industrial

BTW

The nearest I am aware of is a Vox VX50KB but this fails on not being battery powered.

Col

Fender came out with my amp this year and I posted a thread on it 1/18/20. I liked the concept of a Solid State 23lb Fender Deluxe Reverb Tone Master with 1 12" Neo speaker, no tubes, no transformer, pine cabinet, amp. Sounds like the original tube amp (as close as you can get). Fender also makes the Twin Reverb Tone Master with all the same light weight benefits. The thread has 1,374 views so far. I pulled the trigger on it on 1/23/20 and my cost was $775 out the door. So far my dream has come true and I'm a happy camper... :cool:

I have been looking at that ever since you posted that thread. I really like the fact it has an attenuator.

Jenny S.

I would like a Rivera era Fender 30 combo, I gave mine to my kiddo when I bought my first Mesa Boogie, a Mark II, then I had Mesa do the "B upgrade, then the C upgrade, then the C+ upgrade, after that I did not think I needed the Fender 30 so I gave it to my kiddo,it was the size of a Deluxe Reverb 1-12 combo. But it was a bit louder and had channel switching. He does not have it anymore.

Must be light in weight.

Must be smallish in size

Mains or battery powered

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CubeStEX--roland-cube-street-ex-50-watt-2x8-inch-battery-powered-combo-amp?

@ Biggles, I have one of these Roland Cube Street pa/amps and it's very cool. It should handle all of your needs... :cool:

Take care, Larryz

I have been looking at that ever since you posted that thread. I really like the fact it has an attenuator.

@ Surfer Girl, It's a very cool little amp and in my bedroom music room I run it on 1 watt. @ 22watts it will blow your doors off! I love having the xlr out to FOH so it can work in small to large venues. I have always loved the Fender amps and this one sounds as good as any that I have played (I have owned a Twin Reverb and still have a Hot Rod 410 DeVille and a Hot Rod 112 Deluxe). My tube days are finally over LOL! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

I can"t really claim to have a Dream amp, but my short list includes something from Mesa (Transatlantic, Royal Atlantic or Triple Crown), Carvin (V3M, Vai), Peavey (Delta Blues), and several different ones from Supro and Quilter.

Not that I have ROOM for a bunch of amps! :D

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Japan kills for guitars, amps are another story.

My space limitations have kept me to practice amp size-

i've been using a Fender G-Dec, Celestion powered but

too small for anything other than room practice.

I would be happy with a Train Wreck, Cornford, or one of Jimmy Bruno's amps

if I was back in New York. A few years ago I reviewed an amp from Sweden-the maker signed on to this site

and we had a nice chat about my impressions. Can't recall the name right now, I'll have to look it up.

It's a big amp, I would need a Hotplate or other attenuator.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Must be light in weight.

Must be smallish in size

Mains or battery powered

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CubeStEX--roland-cube-street-ex-50-watt-2x8-inch-battery-powered-combo-amp?

@ Biggles, I have one of these Roland Cube Street pa/amps and it's very cool. It should handle all of your needs... :cool:

Thanks but there is one thing missing in my list.

It should not look industrial.

Alas this is where the Street Cube Ex fails miserably.

Col

I have an amp I want to build. The head enclosure is a problem. Not sure how I want to approach it. Basically a JTM 45 with an beefed up power supply section and a real tube spring reverb. I want to tubes to point up some the heat disputes away from the board ( like a Marshall) but I"m debating on where and how to mount the reverb springs. Model name is Yuge 30h.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Tops of my list would be- all heads and open-back 2x12" cabs, plus some closed-back Fuchs/Feiten Vintage 212 model 2x12" cabs- the 65 Amps Empire, 65 Amps Producer EL, and the Dr Z ZWreck.

I have an amp I want to build. The head enclosure is a problem. Not sure how I want to approach it. Basically a JTM 45 with an beefed up power supply section and a real tube spring reverb. I want to tubes to point up some the heat disputes away from the board ( like a Marshall) but I"m debating on where and how to mount the reverb springs. Model name is Yuge 30h.

You might have to have quite a tall head to put some distance between the amp itself and the spring-reverb pan! :idea: Mmmmaybee have the amp-chassis on the bottom of that tall head-enclosure, for better balance of weight, with the reverb-pan on the underside of the top (inside)... ?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

[font:Verdana]I'd love one of those AC-120s that Vox made in the early '80s, but even more than that, I'd love one of the Mesa Boogie rotary-speaker amps they made about 100 of (at most) back in '94. Saw Soundgarden twice that year, and Chris and Kim each had one. What an absolutely monstrous sound.

Having said all that, I'd still go Kemper, AxeFX, or Helix in a minute.[/font]

• 2 weeks later...

This will sound crazy but I picked up a Peavey Vypyr VIP 1 recently and I LOVE it!!!

I did cut a new baffle board and installed a Weber Neo-Mag 10" speaker. The stock 8" Blue Marvel is just not very good.

The Weber transformed the amp, it is something else entirely.

Way too many options but the TransTube circuit was really good in the Red Stripe amps and the newer iterations blow the Red Stripe away.

Analog solid stage tube emulation. It is very, very good but requires a bit of tweaking to get there.

Pretty much every effect in the known universe built in, this is going to become my primary studio amp for now. I've owned 8 different Mesas, a few Fenders including vintage Tweeds, Rivera models, a Red Plate Blues Machine, an Allen Accomplice and a few Supro/Vlaco/Silvertone amps and the Peavey will pass the blindfold test.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

My first amp was a Silvertone 1482, 15 watts, 2 guitar and 1 mic input.

:love:

I've got it; a Boogie Mark III 60 watt. It does everything I want, and in style!

:rawk: Glad to hear it!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I've got it; a Boogie Mark III 60 watt. It does everything I want, and in style!

I never had a Mark III, I did have a Mark IIC+ and a Mark IV, as well as the Strategy 400 power amp with a Quad pre amp in front of the Strategy 400. The Quad pre did the Mark Series up to the III, this was well before the Mark IV or V.