Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favorite Rhodes song?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost anything by this young lady, Patrice Rushen. Labeled as one of the "Rhodes" scholars, not only did this instrument shape her sound, her brand but she easily propelled this instrument to the position of pivotal sound of modern music. Many may not be aware the FMIC prototyped a couple models of the Rhodes specifically for Patrice. One of my early favs, "Kickin' Back" :cool:

[video:youtube]

"Life Is Just A Game And They're Many Ways To Play...All You Do Is Choose." SC 1976

Fantom, XP 80, DX7 IIFD w/"E", Ensoniq ESQ 1, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Roland S 10, Korg Triton LE with EXB, GEM RP2

Almost anything by this young lady, Patrice Rushen. Labeled as one of the "Rhodes" scholars, not only did this instrument shape her sound, her brand but she easily propelled this instrument to the position of pivotal sound of modern music. Many may not be aware the FMIC prototyped a couple models of the Rhodes specifically for Patrice. One of my early favs, "Kickin' Back" :cool:

Hard to believe Patrice is 65! But yeah, she's totally associated with the Rhodes piano.

And good on her when Will Smith sampled "Forget Me Nots" for the theme song to the first Men In Black movie. The track went to number one in 10 countries, and was the most played song on American radio the year it came out. Cha-ching. I bet she's still making good mailbox money to this day from that,

Dan Siegel for me.

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/ojjMXyVGHQg

And Michael McDonald.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Wow -- looking at everybody's faves, I know I'm in the right place. A couple great tunes not already mentioned: "Lucky Southern" on the Free album by Airto. Chick Corea played most of the tracks, but this one is Keith Jarrett. Another tune from Herbie Hancock's Fat Albert Rotunda album that has a very nice Rhodes (imo) is "Tell Me a Bedtime Story".

Kurzweil PC4; Yamaha P515; EV ZXA1s

"Lucky Southern" on the Free album by Airto. Chick Corea played most of the tracks, but this one is Keith Jarrett.

Lucky Southern solo has amazing pace but I'm sorry to say it is played on acoustic piano (unless there is a version I'm not familiar with.) The Airto Free version is acoustic.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251