Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Mojo

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So cool! Can't wait to see this. I've thought about getting the Legend module to use in some rig configurations where it doesn't make sense to bring my Mojo 61. The Legend would get the job done, but it's heavy and bulky. And it's not the Mojo. I hope and expect the Mojo desktop will be a more streamlined unit. And perhaps it will have other sounds as well? Hopes run high.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Other than the word 'desktop' popping up in the video for two seconds (so assuming a desktop version) this video pretty much tells me nothing. Classic could be that the desktop will have the classic layout (4 sets of drawbars, etc..). I'm not going to speculate about it, because the 30 second 'commercial' is so damn cryptic it's not worth my time.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Crumar's FB post said April 6, 2020. (I tried to attach a screenshot in a couple of different formats but the attachment manager kept not working right.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

"Errrrumph?!" (my best head coming up Scooby doo impression)

Nothing like a new product to throw my already confused rig plans up in the air! :D

One of my rig options was to get the Legend module, so I'm certainly going to see what this offers if it's a desktop module.

These kinds of teasers (for anything) drive you crazy...I'm even thinking "hmmm, what about that music? Does it mean a virtual synth, since that is synth music?"

If this offered synth along with mojo sounds it becomes a major player for me depending on price.

Since the VB3 Module already exists, what might the new Module bring?

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Looks like two products: Mojo Desktop and a Mojo Classic? Could be wrong. Either way, excited to see what comes of it.

Or possibly three Mojo, Mojo Classic, and Mojo Desktop. It is a little strange to brand something "Classic" if there isn't a "New" thing for it to sit up against. And the difference between a board and a desktop wouldn't quite be such a distinction.

That said, the most likely thing is to realign the current Mojo XT product onto the DSP platform they're using for everything else and maybe add a few features. I've sort of been holding out for that to happen so it would be fine by me, but it's likely fairly minor in the grand scheme of the market.

-Z-

If you go to Crumar's FB page and look at the photo posted on February 19th, you can see part of the new Mojo Classic in the foreground.

https://www.facebook.com/instruments.crumar/

Are you talking about this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218514522127298&set=a.1025664294855&type=3&theater

If you go to Crumar's FB page and look at the photo posted on February 19th, you can see part of the new Mojo Classic in the foreground.

https://www.facebook.com/instruments.crumar/

Are you talking about this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10218514522127298&set=a.1025664294855&type=3&theater

Yes. In the comments that accompany the teaser for the Mojo Classic that Crumar posted today, I think that's what Marco Ballarani is suggesting. I don't know what else that organ in the foreground could be. I don't recognize it. Do you?

Do I see organ tone-bar sliders on the face of it?

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

I thought the same as konaboy - could be they are bringing out a 'classic synths' module to expand their lineup. We"ll find out in another 5 weeks.

I also thought that was an interesting choice.

There is no synth module though - just the Classic and Desktop.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Argh, was hoping it was info on the "desktop" whatever that actually is!

Not mojo-related, but Crumar-related: my buddy LOVEs vintage-looking stuff, to the point where he is thinking of ways to build a shell around his keyboards. He didn't know about the Crumar Seven, he's still cursing me about it days later (since now he has extreme GAS for the thing!) Like many of you, he used to go around with an actual rhodes so a lot of nostalgia there!

This is the big news? Christ.

DB was careful to say that the black and white Mojo is NOT the big news.

Love the Black & White, but of course I already have a Mojo 61. If these new products are dual-timbred, I may be tempted, though have to say I'm pretty happy combining Mojo and Korg Module Pro.