Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Synthplex 2020: You Are Not Alone

Hi, everyone. Just letting you all know that if you're going to be at Synthplex next month, I will be presenting a seminar called "You Are Not Alone: Strategies for Collaboration in Electronic Music". It will be a bit under an hour, including Q&A, and will cover some of the technologies we talk about here, as well as some psychological/sociological chat about what makes a good collaborator.

In addition, I am hoping to have a booth in the "Associations and Education" area where I will be discussing this stuff, answering questions, and demonstrating some of the tech that I talk about in real time. Oh, and I will have a "petting zoo" of unusual controllers for people to try out, too.

It's likely that my talk will be supported by a digital packet covering my main points, which I will make available after the con. I will also try to talk about some of the material here as well.

Hoping to meet some of you!

mike

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's likely that my talk will be supported by a digital packet covering my main points, which I will make available after the con. I will also try to talk about some of the material here as well.

This will be great for me, as I can't make another trip to the West Coast so soon after NAMM. :)

:nopity:

Thanks Mike and yep would love the digital packet afterwards. I hope you get lots of interest: I'd still argue that some of my most memorable experiences in music have come from remote collaborations. Whether it was something like Rocket Network or the Keyboard Corner compilation CDs we used to do, or even the two songs we recorded with forumites to raise money after the 2004 Tsunami, it can be such a great thing to do :thu:

Thanks Mike and yep would love the digital packet afterwards. I hope you get lots of interest: I'd still argue that some of my most memorable experiences in music have come from remote collaborations. Whether it was something like Rocket Network or the Keyboard Corner compilation CDs we used to do, or even the two songs we recorded with forumites to raise money after the 2004 Tsunami, it can be such a great thing to do :thu:

It's by far my favorite way to work, and has been the source of nearly all my output between 1990 and 2009 or thereabouts. I do a lot more solo stuff now, but I really prefer to have other people around...

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music