Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Analog Synth sound

Got a question which I think I might know the answer to but I'd like some external input to see if I'm at least on the right track. In the song Twilight Aone by Golden Earring there is a middle part where they the bass and drums play before the guitar solo. At the break there is a first initial synth sound that is obviously a noise generator make a clap type sound (simulating a gunshot I assume) then after ward there are two other synth sounds and the second sounds like it's a mono sound using two oscillators and it sounds like one is steady and he is changing the tuning on the second to create the effect. Does that sound like a reasonable assumption on my part?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a question which I think I might know the answer to but I'd like some external input to see if I'm at least on the right track. In the song Twilight Aone by Golden Earring there is a middle part where they the bass and drums play before the guitar solo. At the break there is a first initial synth sound that is obviously a noise generator make a clap type sound (simulating a gunshot I assume) then after ward there are two other synth sounds and the second sounds like it's a mono sound using two oscillators and it sounds like one is steady and he is changing the tuning on the second to create the effect. Does that sound like a reasonable assumption on my part?

Sounds like the Lexicon Prime Time w/ feedback @ 100% then pitch + time modulations.

Possibly Model 93 with the ARP Odyssey style fader caps.

Great sounding Delay but the FX I speak of were when you hit hold and them start messing with faders.

Even the PCM 41/42 had some of those traits but not nearly what a Prime Times had.

I could be wrong but it was the right time and other recordings used Primes, 480L, 224X, etc.

The 480L had an incredible Doppler effect that was so good, you could put a DX7 Bell timbre through it, and make it sound as if the subway train just buzzed by.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic