Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AcousticSamples - VReeds Wurly

Sorry for the OT tangent, but... if a guitarist can be embarrassed by a keyboard player showing him the right way to play the guitar part to "Sweet Child of Mine," he deserves to be!

Lol, righty-o! Unfortunately, my guitarist is the band leader and signs my paychecks, so there is that! Also, I don't think it would go over well with our particular audience.

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How did I miss this thread??

200A was my very first keyboard. I spent the better part of the day yesterday googling "best wurlitzer 200 vst" and doing comparisons, but I didn't see this (saw the model 206 thing but wasn't wow'd).

I love this. It really has that bite.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Must resist! I have been trying to move away from the UVI platform as I can't get along with its workflow (though some libraries have internal workflows that mitigate the lack of immediate and direct control that I am used to in Kontakt and in proprietary players from VSL and others, but not so much in UVI and Engine).

Interesting points about Wurly standing in for rhythm guitar, as I more often than not use Clavinet for that, if it's R&B oriented (as much of my material is). Sometimes even Pianet. I'm going to have to give that Wurly hint a try, as I hadn't thought of that.

I keep hoping someone will come along and say that Purgatory Creek is still the top dog. :-) It bumped all my other choices (and I've owned them all and still have most of them), to the curb, due to its articulateness, warmth, versatility and timbral range. It's the only one that I have found slots into a mix easily without hump frequencies, mud, woofiness, or other issues that often plague Wurlies.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• 1 month later...

Bought the VReeds last night and it sounds great i must say. But not like 'in a whole other league" soundwise....i could swear i could hear some tiny bit of synthi modelling too....but not obvious like Pianoteq....i could well be my own skewed perception.

But that doen"t matter at all, because the playability is on a whole other level. WOW this is truly something else right from the start. So much control over the bark instead of unexpected velocity switching or a search after a better velocity response.

I hope Acoustic Samples do a piano with the same underneath technologie. It would be where GEM left things and bring it to a whole other level.

Truly impressed.....although i am far from a Wurlitzer expert.

Cool; that's enough for me to continue to shy away, given how thrilled I am with our forum member's version (Purgatory Creek is the selling name).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

This is a fantastic sounding plug-in. I spent some time with it tonight. The tweakability under the hood is very welcome. The amp models are super cool (206a speakers!?? Yes, please!) This will definitely be my default Wurli in the studio from now on.