Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Full Compass ordering experience?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been a few years. Excellent experience every time I did. What do you need? If it's studio gear, I have better recommendations and some of them have big sales today. If it's keyboard stuff, I feel you get your best deals and packages and handling from Kraft Music, but sometimes if it's out of production you might find something in inventory at Full Compass, RNC, and other Nashville e-stores.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I ordered parts from them for a K&M stand. Delivery estimate was 3 weeks. I waited almost 6 months.

Enough said...

My guess is all of these online retailers are drop shipping and/or ordering from the same distributor/s who stock a given brand.

In the case of K&M mentioned above, which is a German company, the delay likely was with the importer and not Full Compass I would assume.

I tried buying a Midi breakout cable for Reface at Full Compass. At checkout, shipping was $8.95, which IMO was way over the top for the item which can basically ship in an envelope. I ended up finding the same cable at Reverb from a company I think was also owned by Full Compass, since names were similar. On Reverb they wanted $4.95 for shipping, which I thought was fair. I was upset the Full Compass site was trying to make a cash grab.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

I purchased my Stage 3 Compact from Full Compass. Last year they had some great B-stock deals on these. I am a happy customer.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

I only deal with Sweetwater. no matter what price I get from anyone they will beat it. 30-day return policy and they offer I think 2-year warranty. even when an item is new and not released and everyone has to pre-order at the same price, I was ordering my MODX6 and stated to them that their price was probably the same as everyone else, I was surprised even then they beat everyone else's price. when asked about some company offering package deals, they replied they would offer the same crappy cables and pedals or lower the price equivalent of these items. I deal with Damon Mitchell, tell him Larry Janca sent you.

I tried buying a Midi breakout cable for Reface at Full Compass. At checkout, shipping was $8.95, which IMO was way over the top for the item which can basically ship in an envelope. I ended up finding the same cable at Reverb from a company I think was also owned by Full Compass, since names were similar. On Reverb they wanted $4.95 for shipping, which I thought was fair. I was upset the Full Compass site was trying to make a cash grab.

BTW, the breakup cable was made by Yamaha and FC was the only place I could find it, except for the shadow company at Reverb. They might be the only go-to place for authorized Yamaha parts (?)

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

I only deal with Sweetwater. no matter what price I get from anyone they will beat it. 30-day return policy and they offer I think 2-year warranty. even when an item is new and not released and everyone has to pre-order at the same price, I was ordering my MODX6 and stated to them that their price was probably the same as everyone else, I was surprised even then they beat everyone else's price. when asked about some company offering package deals, they replied they would offer the same crappy cables and pedals or lower the price equivalent of these items. I deal with Damon Mitchell, tell him Larry Janca sent you.

Wow, I guess I misunderstood Sweetwater's business model. I thought I had heard (several years ago?) they were the least flexible on price, premised on their superior customer service. Maybe it is time to give them more opportunities to get my business.

Hmmmm... they'll meet or beat a deal? So do you initiate buying from another company, get a quote and then ask SW to meet it? At GC, they call the shop you got the deal at to verify. Kind of awkward given that the company with a good price is giving info to a competitor who will beat their price.

One thing I like about GC is the 45 day return, the enormous used inventory, and that I have several close to me, which makes returning an item free, no shipping needed

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920 /// Casio CT-X5000 /// Yamaha EW425

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win10 laptop i7 8GB // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

I ordered parts from them for a K&M stand. Delivery estimate was 3 weeks. I waited almost 6 months.

Enough said...

The issue in the US on K&M gear is Connelly, the North American distributor for K&M. If I can"t find the K&M piece need in stock in the US I order from Germany. It takes Connelly weeks or months to get items then they send it to retailers. The retailers ship it as soon as they get it.

The wait sucks. I usually just order from Thomann.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I buy wire and parts from Full Compass if Redco doesn"t have it. No problems. Good deals on bulk wire.

I'm one of those who doesn't seem to know how to get a discount from SW, but has no trouble at all getting one almost anywhere else, so I take the path of least resistance.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I seemed to buy almost always from Sweetwater. I just run everything through the Sweetwater card. It"s zero interest so if I want to take 3-4 months to pay on it I can. Never pay interest, the APR is outrageous.

If it"s some Euro piece of gear I get from European retailer Thomann Like ... a European synth of a piece of K&M hardware not stocked in the US.

I really like the guys at Kraft Music. I dealt exclusively with them for a longtime and still will. I really don"t care if I buy from Kraft or Sweetwater. I usually plan on getting any boards with a Kraft bundle deal that comes with the case. If Sweetwater matches then great. They always do though it seems to pain my Sweetwater guy. I"m like ... 'It"s okay Joe if you shouldn"t match it then don"t. It"s alright." He matches. Sweetwater has just been really good about returns the one time I needed it.

Never had to do a return with Kraft. I assume they are good also. They have around around forever also. They started out as a Milwaukee MIDI speciality shop in the 80s. They know keyboards.

I had a good experience buying my KM 18880 stand with the 18881 stacker. They matched a much lower price I"d found elsewhere, and I got it shipped it in good time.

I also bought a K&M 18880/18881 from Full Compass. My experience was similar to yours, Noah B.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!