Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Neil Peart

Dave Bryce

https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/neil-peart-obit-1.5422806

Such a sad way to go. I hope he was cognizant of his loved ones when he left his drum seat for the last time on Tuesday. A kind soul, and the world of drumming would not be the same without him.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• 2 weeks later...

This one stung. Rush is the band that I've seen live more times than any other in my life. Why? Neil Peart. Power, finesse, and a time-keeping machine with a musicality that is instantly identifiable... and he wrote most of the band's lyrics to boot.

Rush is one of those iconic bands that can never be the same without any one of their members as they are all equal ingredients to their sound and success, so this is not only the end of a drum legend, but of a legendary band. RIP, Neil. You, and Rush will be missed.

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Somehow I missed this. I knew that Rush stopped playing because of his health but in the interview I saw with the other members they never said he was sick, they only stated that in a 3 piece band the drummer has to work a lot harder than the other members and it was wearing him out. Looking back I am guessing they were very carefully covering for him without giving any pertinent information.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• 6 months later...