Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Viscount Legend '70s

I can"t see this as being marketed as a workstation with a name like 'Legend 70"s' and a catalog of mostly electro mechanical keyboard emulations. It"s looking to me like it"s squarely up against retro style boards like Crumar Seven, Nord Grand, Korg SV2, etc

TP/100 is definitely moving this from 'GAS' to 'Pass'.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It"s going to be compared to the Seven no matter what, even if it has better midi implementation and is expandable.

The TP-100 on the Seven is actually really good feeling for Rhodes. It plays the acoustic piano patches like poop. Needs some major work on the dynamic curves to get that right. Just my opinion but A/Bing with a CP88 didn"t help at all.

Revised TP-100? Yes first I"ve heard of this as well, the proof is in the pudding.

Then I"m guessing the 88 has the TP-40W with triple sensor? Maybe Viscount can update their specs to clarify this for us.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Yeah, please update the information and throw in the Master MIDI / EXT. Module functions info too.

I can see my SE-02, HX-3.5 and hacked WaveState sitting on top.

Hoping Robert D. still is their NAmerica guy.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

• 1 year later...

This was just posted 3 days ago. :)

[video:youtube]

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

The one real live performance shortcoming I see in this design is that all the patch navigation seems to require scrolling. I wonder if they could possibly have a mode to repurpose the 6 clav buttons to function as program select buttons when you were not using them for clav sound manipulation. If you made the first button "hold to select bank" and made the subsequent buttons function as 1 to 5, you could theoretically have 25 button-recallable user presets (5 banks of 5).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

The one real live performance shortcoming I see in this design is that all the patch navigation seems to require scrolling. I wonder if they could possibly have a mode to repurpose the 6 clav buttons to function as program select buttons when you were not using them for clav sound manipulation. If you made the first button "hold to select bank" and made the subsequent buttons function as 1 to 5, you could theoretically have 25 button-recallable user presets (5 banks of 5).

The open nature of swapping modules perhaps means that there"s room for different user interface for patch design, store, recall. Did they do a software editor for the combined modules?

The one real live performance shortcoming I see in this design is that all the patch navigation seems to require scrolling.

I wonder if it´s possible to change banks, programs and setups/multis (or what it´s called on this toy) via MIDI and if that functionality also requires the "External MIDI" module.

It´s pretty obvious, for the compact model, one has to sacrifice one of the sound modules for the external module.

All sound modules plus external module only fit the 88-keys version.

A.C.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Brad Kaenel said:

That 1.08 update was pretty recent, but 1.09 is now the latest OS:  Legend 70s firmware

No sound updates in .09? 

RELEASE: 1.09
– A new option has been added that allows you to choose whether the values of the continuous pedals and modulations must be reset at the program change or kept also for the new program (previously they were reset). (see PREFERENCES -> FC1 Mode, FC2 Mode, MOD. Mode) 

– All parameters of the Synth module are now controllable via MIDI using Control Change, in MultiChannels mode. See the table in the appendix of the Synth-8 module manual for details of the Control Changes used 

– Introduced the reception and transmission of the Fine Tuning MIDI SysEx – Bug Fix: in case of program change with pedal switch pressed, switching from a program with the EXT part enabled to a program with the EXT part disabled, the switches off were not transmitted