Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Viscount Legend '70s

Legend '70s Editor is a compatible Windows, MacOs and iOS application specifically designed to modify all the parameters of the instrument easily and quickly. It greatly expands the editing experience by displaying the parameters in dedicated screens immediately accessible with a click. Moreover, it allows to customize the sounds of the instrument with fine adjustments that are not available from the control panel.

Legend '70s Editor is very powerful, but also extremely easy to use. Once connected through the USB cable, every modification made on the computer can be heard in real time on the piano. It comes with a clear and simple user interface, adaptable to any screen resolution. In addition to adjusting and storing the parameters in the instrument, the application allows you to save them in your own computer, and to reload them if necessary in an easy and fast way.

Specifically, Legend '70s Editor allows you to:

- Edit all parameters of the program;

- Edit parameters of each module;

- Edit parameters of the reverb and the effects;

- Edit and arrange the list of the songs;

- Edit all system parameters;

- Adjust physical modeling parameters of E.Piano and Clavi modules;

- Save and load programs and settings of the instrument;

- Prepare live sets of ready-to-select programs;

- Give your best during your live performance.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

CPU: Pentium class III or higher

RAM: 32 MB

Hard Disk: 20 MB free space

Operating System: Windows Vista, Windows XP (32 and 64 bit), Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X ver. Lion 10.7 or later.

Ports: a standard USB port

Connection: A type A-B USB cable not longer than 3 meters

563.thumb.jpg.31c500a39dfe927c8fa9c68145920100.jpg

564.thumb.jpg.e19896b33ed2de11e423f827ded2ab51.jpg

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info.

I"m trying to get WaveState in my mind so haven"t had time for the L70 yet.

Reason why I"m interested is the sounds are editable, and I can leave my Physis K4 at home.

I"m still waiting for a manual from Viscount but those cats are always slow with parts, support, etc.

But their support is excellent once you connect.

Their warranty"s are really reassuring too. 3 years.

I"m wanting a new MIDI Controller and this might just cut it for what I"m into lately.

Using half of the Physis K4"s immense Arsenal seems so wasteful.

I"d like to make sure it works perfectly if I ever need to run audio, lights, FX, etc.

If anyone gets info on the External Module I"d be grateful.

Been using PC"s since 1995 and never once had a crash, this would ensure that flawless record because I"ll use a WaveState with keyboard sawed off, an SE-02, HX-3 and Strymons. NoMo PC"s will be a nice change.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

We can only hope.

No other company has such elaborate DAW and MIDI control.

Since 1995 with the Oberheim MC3000 to the mighty Physis K4.

I just want 25% of what the K4 does and I can leave my PC based rig at home.

I"ll definitely miss the high quality sounds and Horn/String articulations, but my life just got easy again.

I haven"t been just a keyboard player for 20 years.

I feel guilty.

okay, why not just buy a K4? ;-)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

We can only hope.

No other company has such elaborate DAW and MIDI control.

Since 1995 with the Oberheim MC3000 to the mighty Physis K4.

More like dream. After writing/adapting the firmware to give a portion of the K4 midi functionality how many people will care to buy the knobby or slidery module with configurable midi CCs and such? Nope, ain't gonna happen imo. Not that kind of board.

Looking at the outputs seems to indicate they will have plenty of control.

Enough for me at least.

Need more information.

The pic just only tells what you can connect ...

DIN-MIDI wise it´s limited to 1 MIDI port/ 16 MIDI channels.

Now I wonder what it does via USB.

Can be it compares to Kurzweil where USB just only mirrors physical MIDI (1 port / 16 channels).

On the Kurz I can work w/ 16 zones and lots of physical controllers, re-channelize MIDI-In, remap controllers etc. ...

Let´s see what Viscount does w/ 1 MIDI I/O and USB.

A.C.

Looking at the outputs seems to indicate they will have plenty of control.

Enough for me at least.

Need more information.

The pic just only tells what you can connect ...

DIN-MIDI wise it´s limited to 1 MIDI port/ 16 MIDI channels.

Now I wonder what it does via USB.

Can be it compares to Kurzweil where USB just only mirrors physical MIDI (1 port / 16 channels).

On the Kurz I can work w/ 16 zones and lots of physical controllers, re-channelize MIDI-In, remap controllers etc. ...

Let´s see what Viscount does w/ 1 MIDI I/O and USB.

A.C.

Yeah, while the I/O may be sufficient (it would be for me) this isn't even .25% of a K4.

Yeah, while the I/O may be sufficient (it would be for me) this isn't even .25% of a K4.

Exactly.

To be, it needs at least 2 physical MIDI I/Os, full MIDI implementation via USB (64channels I/O) and every single feature K4/5 offers for a single MIDI zone and incl. the 4 "scenes" per zone.

When investigating the "External Module", I recognize 3 realtime rotary controllers, freely assignable to any single MIDI CC number per MIDI channel and port.

And there are MIDI Program Changes, Bank MSB/LSB ... also per channel and port.

Actually I have no guess what the #1 and #2 numbered buttons do and I only hope these will not be the only 2 MIDI presets for that module.

I wonder if the MIDI Volume knob is realtime only or allows MIDI CC#11 offsets to be programmed.

I really appreciate the Ext. MIDI module´s ON/OFF button featuring a LED,- so I guess it´s possible switching MIDI on or off on the fly and overriding MIDI presets,- an excellent feature I always loved on my Roland/Rhodes MK80.

And I recognize split- and transpose- icons, each equipped w/ a dedicated LED too,- but have no clue how to program.

Must be some hidden stuff like button double presses or such.

We´ll see.

It´s plenty already when it works like I guess above.

Enough for most tasks except the very large rigs.

B.t.w., I cannot recognize the Physis K4 and 5 to be discontinued ...

Physis K4

They are just only not available here.

Maybe they sell stock and come up w/ something upgraded @Musikmesse.

When the "upgrade" would just only be the color,- I´d already be happy ´cause I liked it in black and hated the blue.

Vintage 70 is black, Legend J.d.F Edition is ...

maybe they do it w/ K4/5 too.

:)

A.C.

Well embarrassing confession: I totally missed seeing the External Module. This is very cool and looks to be more than enough for most peoples needs. I still stand by it not being close to a K4 but this is looking very promising as a controller. I actually played with the Legend at NAMM although I don't remember seeing the External module. But Elvio came over and spent a good amount of time showing me the board and we discussed this modular approach. What a nice guy.

I"d buy the Legend if I could use the EPiano module and a pair of Ext. modules, each being a piece of a K4.

Markyboard, how were the other sounds in your opinion?

I don"t expect high quality like my PC, but probably good enough.

I actually played with the Legend at NAMM although I don't remember seeing the External module. But Elvio came over and spent a good amount of time showing me the board and we discussed this modular approach. What a nice guy.

I also spent a fair amount of time at the Viscount booth talking to Elvio as soon as I was sure Markyboard wasn't around. :laugh:

CRS issues aside, I also don't recall seeing the external module. Only the acoustic piano, electric piano, and clavinet modules were on display. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :keys:

:nopity:

Markyboard, how were the other sounds in your opinion?

I don"t expect high quality like my PC, but probably good enough.

Being NAMM and the challenges with drawing any conclusions regarding sound I think your expectations are reasonable. I"m also far from the best person to ask as I was drawn in far more from an engineering aspect than musical one. Still nothing stuck out as sounding bad. In fact everything I tried sounded on par with other similar boards of this type including the Nord Grand and the SV2 which I had a brief run with.

So far, I am fairly disappointed with the demos I've heard. For a board I would almost definitely have to buy sight unseen, that's not gonna do it.

Are the sounds failing you or do they need to hire Max Tempia?

The acoustic pianos are better in these recent demos than what they posted on SoundCloud. But not amazing sounding - there"s plenty of sample storage on the the acoustic piano module for detail - maybe it sounds better with the band. The Rhodes is unique, the wurly and clav are unremarkable. Perhaps they focused more on the design and need to put more time in on the sounds. Giving each its own module is an opportunity to do something amazing with all of these timbres.

The sounds. Cheesy IMNSHO. But I just bought a Stage 3, I wouldn't be a serious customer unless I suddenly inherited a large sum of money.

I agree that the AP was passable in the last demo video. And they seem to be fairly tweakable from previous posts, but still. Tough sell when you don't have a unit on every store floor.

If I sound harsh, it's because the concept of the board is so attractive to me. I was pretty excited when it was announced.

Ya I dig that. I am pulling for these guys because I like what they've made.

But like Dexibel - it's going to take time to get the sounds right.

thanks for sharing a video of mine with the Legend '70s prototype :laugh:

just a couple of little specifications, concerning the comparison with other instrumentsâ¦

this Legend has not to be compared (strictly speaking) to the Crumar Seven.

the Seven is still a unique kind of instrument and maybe the only possible comparison for it should be a real Rhodes, or Wurly, or Clavinet. OK, it has acoustic and electric grand sounds too (and new piano samples will come in the future), but its concept and philosophy is still 'one of a kind'.

the Legend '70s is more likely a complete stage piano or a kind of workstation, with splits, layers, master keyboard midi function, dozen of sounds, etc.

talking about keybed, the prototype I tested was equipped with the new version of the Fatar TP100, definitely faster and more responsive compared to the 'old' TP100 on Dexibell, Nord, Seven, etc.

it should be the standard equipment for the 73 and 88 keys version.

the wooden version (88 keys only) will be a new designed model from Fatar.

:wave: