Next Thread
Print Thread
Podcast interview - Behind The Shot & Article
#3028928 02/14/20 12:18 AM
10k Club
OP Offline
10k Club

Podcast:
Please join me on the latest episode of the Behind the Shot podcast (@BehindtheShotTV), as I sit down with @SteveBrazill to take a look at how I created the image that graces the cover of my new book "Abandoned Southern California: The Slowing of Time". There is a video podcast, but you can also download an audio podcast as well. https://behindtheshot.tv/2020/02/13/capturing-the-slowing-of-time/

I have a short article about my book in Los Angeles Magazine:
https://www.lamag.com/article/abandoned-southern-california/

Book signing/author event in Los Angeles, CA:
And hopefully I will see you March 22nd at 5 pm Valley Relics Museum for a brief slide show and presentation. Get there early to check out the museum.
Address: 7900 Balboa Blvd. C3 & C4 Entrance on, Stagg St, Van Nuys, CA 91406

Interview coming up:
I am going to be interviewed by a journalist from Business Insider in a couple of days. Hopefully that goes well.

My photography website:
www.kenleephotography.com

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Re: Podcast interview - Behind The Shot & Article
KenElevenShadows #3028994 02/14/20 01:03 PM
Cool stuff there! He asked some good questions too...

That stacking program sounds interesting. I've seen people use those for star trails, but how does it manage to do twelve photos and still have the stars as points? If I understand it, the program removes the random noise (because the noise varies from photo to photo) but since the stars are moving, wouldn't it remove them too? Or maybe its because they're not "random".

KenElevenShadows #3029131 02/15/20 05:23 AM
10k Club
OP Offline
10k Club
Starry Landscape Stacker (or Sequator or Photoshop) shifts the sky, aligning the stars, and since it's being done as a median, this greatly reduces the amount of random noise and random color variations.

And yes, Steve did ask some great questions. He's a very good interviewer, I think, and very personable. His enthusiasm and sense of curiosity really help the show as well. I listen to that show every week.

Thanks for listening!!

KenElevenShadows #3029878 02/20/20 12:15 AM
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Just watched the podcast, Ken. First time I've ever watched a podcast on photography. Now I have to be careful. laugh

Also just purchased your book. We had briefly talked about that at the MPN NAMM dinner, but as usual I got sidetracked.

A reason why I collect old keyboards is that I feel partly responsible for doing it, responsible for preserving history and being a custodian for these things
Plus, old gear has a story. I like that.
davedoerfler #3030024 02/21/20 05:14 AM
10k Club
OP Offline
10k Club
Originally Posted by davedoerfler
Just watched the podcast, Ken. First time I've ever watched a podcast on photography. Now I have to be careful. laugh

Also just purchased your book. We had briefly talked about that at the MPN NAMM dinner, but as usual I got sidetracked.

Thank you very much for purchasing the book. I hope you enjoy it!

And yeah, haha, photography shows can be addictive. I am addicted to Behind The Shot and Photo Geek Weekly/

Moderated by  KenElevenShadows, Mike Martin 

Link Copied to Clipboard