Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Genesis Pro VST

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing, I want this.

I have lots of synth plugins and hardly use any of them to be honest.

Gotta at least kick in my Euro!!!!

Plus, maybe I'll have fun with it. If not I'm not out much.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

I have been hesitant to respond because I wanted to cross-reference another post first, but the vi-control.net forum has been unreachable (to me, at least) for days now. Someone had posted there about a new soft synth done by the Absynth programmer. I'm not sure if this is the one or not.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Someone had posted there about a new soft synth done by the Absynth programmer. I'm not sure if this is the one or not.

That might be Plasmonic by Rhizomatic Software's Brian Clevinger. Synthtopia attributes Clevinger as the creator of Absynth (and describes Plasmonic as leveraging physical modeling with subtractive synthesis). It's available for pre-order, but is priced at $99USD, rather than one euro.

Back to Genesis Pro, I was unaware who this guy Ummet Ozcan is - the interwebz describe him as a Dutch DJ / EDM artist. And this begs the question for me - is he also a software developer (I can't find any attribution to this)? If not, who developed this and why are they letting it go for essentially free?

Yep, it's Plasmonic -- I am FINALLY able to log in to vi-control again and just re-found the topic.

Regarding Genesis Pro, do we yet know if this guy has a track record elsewhere?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

In the video he says he's been at this for 8 years. I got the impression this was his pet project. Charging one Euro is sort of his gift to the music world. " It's important to share with everyone".

That's cool. Unfortunately I'm not sure I heard anything I really like or thought sounded all that unique. His words/pitch don't match up with the sounds I'm hearing. "A synth has to have character" and then I hear this movie sound-trackish thing that sounds right out of a well equipped sample library. "This synth can make any sound". That's a red flag to me. Nah- think I'll pass.

I wonder if I can take home a Moog vocoder for 1 Euro down payment? :guinness:

Random thoughts...

If his marketing campaign is successful, it could crash servers, both for download and payment platforms.

There will be reviews. Early reviews can be revealing but it will take a deep dive to find what this is capable of doing. At least one of the reviews should reveal the CPU requirements.

I've lived up until now without this plugin so I am fine with waiting until more is known.

I am also a fan of "cheap, free, or on sale" software. I don't recall ever paying full price for any audio software, I always wait for a sale and here always is one - eventually.

When the time comes, it is quite likely that I will gamble a Euro, currently that is about 91 cents. Cheers, Kuru.

I actually heard one good sound :) So there might be potential...

So, I'm going to get it mostly to support the guy for releasing his hard long work for a Euro....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What the hell would he only make it 32bit for.

Meanwhile I´ve read it´s made w/ Synthedit,- no kidding !

That explains why it´s 32Bit only.

Today, I´d not even pay a single EUR for a Synthedit VST device.

It will have some CK modules under the hood and the rest incl. GUI is Synthedit then.

Works stable when done right in 32Bit systems,- but never in 64Bit systems ...

And don´t even ask for a Mac version then.

A.C.

Did y'all ever hear of JBridge? It solves the problem and works well.

I haven't heard of it. I'm glad it is available.

I've got lots of soft synths to play with already, 64 bit and Mac OS X friendly.

So, I'll just work with what I have now, it's more than enough.

Maybe he'll make enough money one Euro at a time to create a 64 bit version and include OS X.

I might be dead by then... Cheers, Kuru

Did y'all ever hear of JBridge? It solves the problem and works well.

J-Bridge doesn´t solve issues of Synthedit made VSTs !

You have to know Synthedit is the SDK of such creations and SE itself is buggy.

P.ex. Memorymoon VSTis were made w/ Synthedit in the past,- cool synths already in 32Bit,- but since they are re-coded from scratch they are really good and available for PC and Mac 64Bit.

Memory Moon (Memorymoog emulation),- up to now 32Bit still,- might be upgraded during this year.

A.C.

Today, I´d not even pay a single EUR for a Synthedit VST device.

It will have some CK modules under the hood and the rest incl. GUI is Synthedit then.

Works stable when done right in 32Bit systems,- but never in 64Bit systems ...

A.C.

Isn"t OP-X Pro-II 64 bit Synthedit? Works and sounds great - still.