Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Flight Case for Crumar Mojo61

I've got an upcoming summer gig off-island. Nothing big, more just a fun travel event for my video game cover band. Problem is, for this proggy stuff I tend to use my full setup: Keylab88, Mojo61, Seaboard Rise, and horn. Obviously I've gotta strip it down for a small gig like this, so I'm weighing my options (literally). I figure if I can get ONE board over + the Seaboard (which I can carryon), that would work. I have a flight case for my Keylab, but it's oversize/weight and which would add $100 to the journey, so that's not a great option.

Now, for my Mojo61, I only have a padded trolly bag, not safe for air travel. But at 61 keys, it's small/light enough to fly without paying oversized fees. Maybe it's worth looking into a flight case. Unfortunately, the only flight case I see for it is Swanflight, at $220 + $90 shipping. Are there any other options out there?

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had very good luck with injection-molded rifle cases. Pelican is a market-leading manufacturer, but there are many others.

Pelican Storm iM3200 case

Most of the rifle cases will be a few inches longer than you actually need, but I find the extra length good for pedals and cables, and you can customize the foam inserts to taste. New cases will likely not be much cheaper than the Swanflight you mentioned, but since they are "generic" cases, you may be able to find good prices on used ones, nearby. They're pretty indestructible, and even a "beat up" one will make a great travel case. If the foam inserts have been lost, you can purchase those separately for replacement.

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

I've had very good luck with injection-molded rifle cases. Pelican is a market-leading manufacturer, but there are many others.

Most of the rifle cases will be a few inches longer than you actually need, but I find the extra length good for pedals and cables, and you can customize the foam inserts to taste. New cases will likely not be much cheaper than the Swanflight you mentioned, but since they are "generic" cases, you may be able to find good prices on used ones, nearby. They're pretty indestructible, and even a "beat up" one will make a great travel case. If the foam inserts have been lost, you can purchase those separately for replacement.

Harbor Freight makes cheap knock-offs of the Pelican cases, in similar sizes. I can't remember what their house brand is called, but it's worth checking out if you're going in this direction.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Harbor Freight makes cheap knock-offs of the Pelican cases, in similar sizes. I can't remember what their house brand is called, but it's worth checking out if you're going in this direction.

Apache: https://www.harborfreight.com/9800-weatherproof-protective-rifle-case-long-black-64520.html

Legend '70s Compact, Jupiter-Xm, Studiologic Numa X 73

That Apache case is like the Pelican double rifle case but it appears to be about an eighth inch too narrow in width (inside 13 5/8' while the Mojo61 is 13.77'). Even if it squeaks in there, there"s no room for padding.

Brad"s suggestion of the Pelican iM3200 looks like the right one. I didn"t see an Apache version of it but regardless, those Pelican cases are worth every penny.

Here for the gear.