Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Don't Fear The Reaper" -- Cowbell Part

This must be the version where we are supposed to fear the reaper?

FWIW, the version I learned has the cowbell as a G. I always wondered if that was "correct".

Nah its in D.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only use the transpose button on my cowbell when they call a tune in some weird key like Eb. I can play cowbell in most keys without transposing. But sometimes at the performance they call a key that's a half a step lower than we did it in rehearsal. That's when I use the transpose button. If I have the cowbell part figured out in one key, it's safer to transpose than try to play in the new key and mess up.

Yeah right, and then you'll forget to reset the transpose for the next song! Cowbell noob!

Hanon in all keys daily!

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

A bunch of us seasoned pros got together last night for our blues jam and projected this on the wall. It"s so cool now that we have confidence no one"s going to jam at our blues jam, and we might not even need the guy with the pointer stick next time at our blues jam.

Here for the gear.

This has been brought up before. The sheet music posted at the start of this thread is wrong. The cowbell part starts with a four bar rest, there is a four bar rest at the start of each verse, and there is no cowbell at all during the solo between the 2nd and 3rd verses. During the solo, the percussion player should be reaching for a long-sustain vibra-slap...

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

I only use the transpose button on my cowbell when they call a tune in some weird key like Eb. I can play cowbell in most keys without transposing. But sometimes at the performance they call a key that's a half a step lower than we did it in rehearsal. That's when I use the transpose button. If I have the cowbell part figured out in one key, it's safer to transpose than try to play in the new key and mess up.

Yeah right, and then you'll forget to reset the transpose for the next song! Cowbell noob!

I was going to mention that. I hate when that happens.

These are only my opinions, not supported by any actual knowledge, experience, or expertise.