Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Coolest Guitars at NAMM 2020

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do chuckle every time someone posts video of the Rickenbacker booth at NAMM... they haven't introduced a new design in, what, 30 years?

This year they introduced a 5 string version of their iconic bass guitar.

The cork sniffers pooped their diapers because the pickups look weird. :- D

Like Gibson and to some extent Fender, Rickenbacker is trapped by their own past.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Like Gibson and to some extent Fender, Rickenbacker is trapped by their own past.

They are assisted in this attitude by a huge population of the guitar community who turn their noses up at anything new in guitars or amplification.

Exactly, that is precisely my meaning. Gibson made some bolt on guitars and basses, people who wanted bolt on bought Fender.

Fender made some set neck guitars (the Robben Ford signature comes to mind, a fantastic guitar). People who wanted set necks bought Gibson.

People who buy Rickenbackers want the ones that the Beatles played. Exception made for a right handed bass instead of Paul's leftie.

The truth is that taken as a whole, guitar players are a very stodgy lot. Even golfers are more adventerous. Sad...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.