Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New over the air Country music channell

Circle Country music, plays the old Hee Haw shows and I will up date on what else they play, it is part of the Fox over the air Network.

I tuned in to our local weather channel 3.3, over the air in Phoenix Az and there was Roy Clark and Jerry Reed doing some pickin and grinnin, so I had to find out what happened in the hours since I last checked the weather. Turns out Fox moved weather to 3.4 an added Circle TV to 3.3, I am stoked......I loved those old country shows. I hope they do the old Opry shows with the classic performers of the past as well as the new ones. Fingers crossed.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool DBM! I have a lot of the Johnny Cash show live performances on DVD. Many stars that are very young like Bob Dylan, Waylon Jennings, too many to list...singing and playing with Johnny. Fun to watch now and then! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

That's cool DBM! I have a lot of the Johnny Cash show live performances on DVD. Many stars that are very young like Bob Dylan, Waylon Jennings, too many to list...singing and playing with Johnny. Fun to watch now and then! :cool:

I never saw those videos myself but the country pickers always amazed me. I was never a big fan of the singers, but I sure admired the sidemen a big bunch....

Glen Campbell also had his own show similar to Johnny's. Glenn could definitely do the singing and the picking. Another one that can do both and had his own show is Marty Stuart. His sidemen The Fabulous Superlatives are as good as he is LOL! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Glen Campbell also had his own show similar to Johnny's. Glenn could definitely do the singing and the picking. Another one that can do both and had his own show is Marty Stuart. His sidemen The Fabulous Superlatives are as good as he is LOL! :cool:

I watched Glen Campbell show every evening that it was on. That was a good show and what a guitar picker Glen was. He finished his life out here in the Phoenix area, a sad case of dementia got him. I never saw the Marty Stewart Show but he sure is a great picker himself, and has been since childhood.

When I was a kid the family watched the Johnny Cash show, Glen Campbell Show and the Smothers Brothers Show like religion.

Not so much Hee Haw but now I check that out on YouTube and realize we were missing some incredible talent.

Porter Wagoner was something we watched sometimes but not regularly.

Great music on all of those shows!!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

@ DBM, I had forgotten all about it over low this many years until visiting my daughter and son-n-law and they had the JC show DVD playing. I was dumbfounded and couldn't stop watching it. So next Christmas they bought me my own copy. The stars were so young, it was like revisiting my (and their) youth. They were hard to recognize until they started singing and playing (even had Satchmo). A great DVD set for a walk down memory lane. I highly recommend it. :cool:

ps. I'll pull my copy and list some: The Best of the Johnny Cash show: Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Kris Kristofferson, Louis Armstrong, Stevie Wonder, Creedence, Linda Ronstadt, George Jones, Waylon Jennings, Tammy Wynette, Marty Robbins, James Taylor, Pete Seeger, Carter Family, Statler Brothers, Carl Perkins, Neil Young, Derek and the Dominos, Charlie Pride, Bill Monroe, Loretta Lynn, Jerry Lee Lewis, Everly Brothers, Ray Charles, Tommy Cash, Conway Twitty, Glen Campbell, Neil Diamond, Ray Price, Roy Orbison, Chet Atkins, Merle Haggard, Roy Clark, Hank Williams Jr., That ought to get you going LOL! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

@ Kuru, I too remember Porter Wagoner and the Smothers Brothers along with watching Hee Haw. Sonny and Cher also had such a show and then there was The Midnight Special! Lots of variety shows back in the day and it's fun to watch the re-runs! :cool:
Take care, Larryz