Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My 2020 Winter NAMM Show Report

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You caught a couple of items that I missed. Thanks, Mike!

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

You caught a couple of items that I missed. Thanks, Mike!

You always catch some that I miss, too. In years gone by I probably would have written up the couple of keyboards and that controller with the couple of hundred buttons on it because they support MPE, but there are others, like you, for instance, who can make that point much better than I can since I don't use that sort of gear any more. Enjoy your freedom as an independent - at least as long as you can afford it. ;)

I see a lot of things, too, that I don't put in my report, but most of those are products that came out during the previous year and have already been thoroughly reviewed in the magazines and on websites and forums. I try to spend some time with products that I would enjoy reviewing, but in truth, I have a harder time getting review units than I did ten years ago, because I'm not associated with a major media brand. And sometimes I walk right by a booth from a company that I know just because I don't recognize anything new there. And sometimes I see things that I find interesting but then discover that they've been around for a few years, though I might write about them in my report anyway because I see something unique or particularly clever there.

And sometimes I just get tired of writing.

Enjoy your freedom as an independent - at least as long as you can afford it. ;)

What I have learned over the past year is that I can no longer afford to not be an independent.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music