Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha Motif rack compared to MOXF8

I have a MOXF8 which has tons of sounds, programs and combis that I really like a lot. As far as I know, the MOXF is not available in a rack mount unit.

I'm wondering how the most recent Motif rack unit (not sure the last time it was made/updated) compares with the MOXF line? Anybody have any knowledge of this? Is there any way to upgrade a Motif rack with more current sounds?

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The last rack was the Rack XS. It has a subset of the MOXF Voices (you can see which ones by downloading the data lists for both devices), which are presumably what you're calling Programs. As for Combis (Korg's terminology, but presumably you mean split and/or layered Voices), you'd have to recreate whatever combinations you want, though the John Melas tools might help here.

There is no way to load new samples into any of the Motif racks.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will avoid the Motif rack. I guess the major brands aren't making racks any more. Shame.

As Scott suggested above, compare the data list for the Voices and Performances between the Motif XS and Motif XF.

Yamaha carries over a lot of the same sounds or some iteration of them from one unit to the next.

There could be enough overlap between the XS rack and XF to satisfy your needs. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"