Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My Two Latest BFF Plug-Ins

Every now and then, a plug-in really resonates with me. Two that I've taken a liking to lately draw a lot of CPU, but they do it for me. Both have free trials if they sound interesting to you.

rjqpXhF.png

The first is the Scheps Parallel Particles processor. I'm usually skeptical of the "don't ask what's under the hood, it's a magic plug with cool graphics" type of plug-in, but I've found it really useful. I wrote a blog post for the Waves web site about it, so if you want the full story on what I like about it, check it out. I'd be curious how anyone else using this plug-in feels about it.

PWVTUJq.png

The second is IK Multimedia's Stealth limiter. I'm always looking for a mastering limiter that doesn't sound like a mastering limiter, and this one is pretty close to that ideal. It's part of the T-Rack5 plug-in suite, and I've been using it on my upcoming release. I don't know what's under the hood, of course IK claims they have some special magic, but it does sound a lot more transparent than most mastering limiters. I wonder if any of you are using it, and if so, what you think.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Stealth Limiter but haven't tried it yet.

You may recall I did one of these "tier sales" where everytime they hit a sales figure they would add another free plugin.

I believe it was "Buy one, get ten free" when I jumped in. I'm a sale surfer, what can I say?

Glad to know you like it.

It takes time to get to know your plugins, one of these days...

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Update: I found that tracks with DC offsets of -85 and more are showing -infinity with Stealth. So I guess that infrasonic filter is working :)

That also meant I could remove the Waves low band linear phase EQs, which I was using solely to remove subsonics.