Print Thread
My Two Latest BFF Plug-Ins #3026762 01/30/20 05:01 PM
Anderton Offline OP
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Every now and then, a plug-in really resonates with me. Two that I've taken a liking to lately draw a lot of CPU, but they do it for me. Both have free trials if they sound interesting to you.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The first is the Scheps Parallel Particles processor. I'm usually skeptical of the "don't ask what's under the hood, it's a magic plug with cool graphics" type of plug-in, but I've found it really useful. I wrote a blog post for the Waves web site about it, so if you want the full story on what I like about it, check it out. I'd be curious how anyone else using this plug-in feels about it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The second is IK Multimedia's Stealth limiter. I'm always looking for a mastering limiter that doesn't sound like a mastering limiter, and this one is pretty close to that ideal. It's part of the T-Rack5 plug-in suite, and I've been using it on my upcoming release. I don't know what's under the hood, of course IK claims they have some special magic, but it does sound a lot more transparent than most mastering limiters. I wonder if any of you are using it, and if so, what you think.

Re: My Two Latest BFF Plug-Ins [Re: Anderton] #3026769 01/30/20 05:27 PM
KuruPrionz Offline
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have the Stealth Limiter but haven't tried it yet.

You may recall I did one of these "tier sales" where everytime they hit a sales figure they would add another free plugin.

I believe it was "Buy one, get ten free" when I jumped in. I'm a sale surfer, what can I say?
Glad to know you like it.

It takes time to get to know your plugins, one of these days...

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...
Re: My Two Latest BFF Plug-Ins [Re: Anderton] #3026857 01/31/20 03:08 AM
Anderton Offline OP
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Update: I found that tracks with DC offsets of -85 and more are showing -infinity with Stealth. So I guess that infrasonic filter is working smile

That also meant I could remove the Waves low band linear phase EQs, which I was using solely to remove subsonics.

Moderated by  Anderton