Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MPN Gear Chat: Mr. Boddicker's Attic

Okay...so I got to go over to Michael Lehmann Boddicker's place today to do a video tour of his gear. I was lucky enough to not only see the working parts of his studio...but he wa kind enough to take me and brother steadyb up to his attic, where the vast majority of his formidable collection resides.

I can't begin to tell you guys how much cool stuff brother Michael has amassed over the years. I'll be drooling for the next week...at least... :drool:

We shot the whole thing - got a bunch of excellent footage that we'll be releasing across a series of videos. There was just waaaay too much cool stuff to squeeze into one...heck, the keyboards and synths alone will probaby be three separate videos. :D

Michael has also graciously agreed to keep an eye on the forum and this thread, and may very well jump in if he's got someting to add. :cool:

For those of you who somehow may not be familiar with the vast scope of his body of work, start here. or here.

dB

552.thumb.jpg.f6bd34a9dd656136e0d2ed7e7c1ab73f.jpg

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's that, you say? You guys want to see a chunk of this now?

We can do that...

Here's a segment from the downstairs area of Michael's studio. A few modulars, Moog audio processors, a couple of interesting stringed instruments...and the 1957 B3 with dual Leslies. :cool:

[video:youtube]

More to come soon!

dB

Can't wait to see the rest db! Great stuff!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Wait until you see the attic. I've been privileged enough to have that tour twice and didn't video record it either time. :(

Michael so so kind and generous!!

If there is anyway you can make it to Synthplex, you MUST go.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Don't be worried about length, Dave... :D;) This is going to be a unique document.

The keyboard part of the attic tour is about 35 minutes. I'll see if I can carve that out next.

Absolutely. A bunch of us will be there for sure.

I believe there is a discount available for forum members.

dB

Thanks Tom & David

Talked to someone today about transferring the 8 track (6 channel surround LCR & LrCrRr) AND video to The Magic Egg. AND the score is already transcribed and orchestrated to play w two symphonies 2021. Could be ready to view soon-special screening for MPN members at Sol7.

Love being a part of this group

Michael Lehmann Boddicker

Talked to someone today about transferring the 8 track (6 channel surround LCR & LrCrRr) AND video to The Magic Egg. AND the score is already transcribed and orchestrated to play w two symphonies 2021. Could be ready to view soon-special screening for MPN members at Sol7.
That would be awesome! :boing:

Love being a part of this group
We're delighted to have you here, brother Michael - welcome to the Keyboard Corner! :wave:

Yes! MPN members use the code MP20.
Thank you, sir! :rocker:

dB

Yes! MPN members use the code MP20.

Welcome to the group Michael!!

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.