Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New basses from Vox

5WpESqQx5NuNoJNiQjWYNj-970-80.jpg

Featuring a lightweight - approximately 3kg - poplar body and ABS flame top construction, these bass guitars feature a compact build, making for easy transportation. The models also both feature a 30.32" scale-length, maple neck and 21-fret purpleheart fingerboard.

The main difference between each model is their respective pickup configurations. The 1H features one humbucker with series and parallel switching options, while the 2S features two single coil pickups.

"For instance" is not proof.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen add for those. While I respect the adventurous choice of non-standard shapes & materials, especially purple heart for the fingerboard, I'm not drawn to it. Doesn't fit any of my needs. But I hope that it does work for others, and they have decent sales.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

• 2 weeks later...

My Steinberger Synapse guitar has two strap buttons also. Indeed, the guitar stands up when you lean it against the wall....hooray! But also it sits better when you're using the lower (high string side) button, which wasn't what I thought would work before I tried it. So it does add function where you never really figured you'd need it. I'm a fan.

Surprised they went with such a short scale. I'd have used 32".

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

• 2 weeks later...

I also prefer 32" for a shorty bass, (or 32.5, even) but I can see the design team at work...

Neither sings to me, and I can envision potential materials differences that might be a factor.

Still, they don't look bad. ;)

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

• 1 month later...

Having commented on the two strap hooks earlier, I should point out that my new Hagstrom 8-string bass also has two of them. As near as I can guess, this feature gets applied sometimes to neck-heavy instruments as one position might be better for playing high above the waist (as I always do) and another for slinging it low below the waist (which even some well-known pros do, but I've never understood how they can make that work with any playing technique I'm familiar with).

I have some concern that the right horn might split off in even a mild fall?

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager