Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is THE best Digital Piano Controller?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both the MP11 and the ES8 from Kawai and find their actions both to be excellent. When playing these instruments a very important part of the feeling is related to the triple sensor action making retriggering of a key without cutting the sound essential.

What I find strange is that few (nobody) seems to be concerned about how a triple sensor action midi controller works with other sound engines. Tried my MP11 to control a Nord Stage 3 with little success. All retriggering from the MP11 middle sensor is not retriggering the NS3C. Only keys lifted above the upper sensor generates sound on the Nord.

Since this thread is still alive, and no one has mentioned it, the Lachnit MK-23 should be considered since the OP said money is not an object -- it's 3,990 Euros.

Made in Vienna by Bösendorfer technician Friedrich Lachnit, it uses a Fatar TP/40W. But he meticulously regulates it and he ditches the original Fatar sensor board and adds light sensor technology. The coolest thing about it is that the velocity curve is continuously variable via two knobs on the front.

It's probably the most impressive controller short of a DP using an actual grand piano action (like the Yamaha AvantGrand).

www.flkeys.at

[video:youtube]

Dennis