Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

DP + computer workstation ergonomics question

So I bit the bullet and got myself a sexy, tricked-out Mac desktop to be the hub for the home studio, with the vision of having it set up with my CP5 as my main controller. The problem: I can't get the CP5 and the Mac keyboard/trackpad arranged in a configuration that's physically comfortable for me to use both at the same time. I've tried it with the CP5 on top and the Mac keyboard on bottom, and vice-versa (via assorted combinations of stands, tables and shelves), at varying heights for the components and the seat, and nothing seems to work; one or the other always seems to be too high or too low. And the space isn't conducive to having them in an L-configuration.

I realize this is a subjective thing, but for those of you who have this kind of setup, which do you prefer: computer keyboard under or over DP keyboard? And is there a particular desk or stand with a sliding tray or something that you particularly like? The $215 On-Stage WS7500 seems to be basically what I had in mind, but it's not height-adjustable, and I'm not finding a lot of options between it and the not-even-remotely-in-consideration $1K-plus range.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic