Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

George Massenburg's forum

Sooooo...I mentioned to Mike Metlay recently that George Massenburg's archived forum still gets a decent amount of traffic. Mike apparently let George know that...

George told Mike we could turn it back on - said he might even try to stop by once in a while. :cool:

Consequently, George Massenburg's Professional Recording Forum is now live again....and there's a wealth of cool content to be had in there already. :)

George rocks. So does brother Mike, for that matter.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! That's great news!!

I once did sessions at the ITI studios in Maryland, where George was engineering. I think this was before 1972, when he presented his paper on parametric EQ at AES. He said he had a really cool equalizer design, which we discussed.

Apparently, he did indeed have a cool equalizer design :)

I've surfed that forum, it is awesome and so is George M.

With the exception of the announcement post, the most current posts are from 2004 so 15+ years old.

So it is a mixture of timeless topics and discussions of obselete software and gear.

I looked around for a way to create a new post and did not see one? Is it simply that you've relocated the archive? Thanks, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Hey Phil, it's great to see you here! :wave:

:cool::yeahthat::cheers:

I looked around for a way to create a new post and did not see one? Is it simply that you've relocated the archive? Thanks, Kuru

My error - I didn't check all the permissions when I moved it out of the archives. :rolleyes::facepalm:

It should work fine now - give it a try!

dB

Hey Phil, it's great to see you here! :wave:

:cool::yeahthat::cheers:

My error - I didn't check all the permissions when I moved it out of the archives. :rolleyes::facepalm:

It should work fine now - give it a try!

dB

Looks like somebody beat me to it. The new topic button is there, all is well. Thanks! Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Actually...

I've been watching the traffic in the forum since I turned it back on. It's stayed exactly the same as when it was archived...

...and, while George has said that he may stop by occasionally, the more I think about it the more it seems like a bad idea to leave a forum open with George's name on it and essentially nobody watching it. With no one there to respond or drive traffic it'll probably just sit there...

...so I've sent it back to the archives. :hider:

I did leave the ability to post in it active...but if it's in the archives, there won"t be an expectation that anyone will answer. :idk:

dB

Actually...

I've been watching the traffic in the forum since I turned it back on. It's stayed exactly the same as when it was archived...

...and, while George has said that he may stop by occasionally, the more I think about it the more it seems like a bad idea to leave a forum open with George's name on it and essentially nobody watching it. With no one there to respond or drive traffic it'll probably just sit there...

...so I've sent it back to the archives. :hider:

I did leave the ability to post in it active...but if it's in the archives, there won"t be an expectation that anyone will answer. :idk:

dB

Bleah. Well, hope springs eternal...

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

Hey, at least it got Phil O'Keefe to stop by :) Fortunately, I have compromising pictures of him, so hopefully he'll be stopping by more. Because if he doesn't...well, just because the poodle was over 18 in dog years doesn't necessarily get you off the hook. Just sayin.'