Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Leslie 710

Quick question:

I know someone who is asking $800 for a Leslie 710. Assuming it is in decent condition - which I think it is - can anyone tell me whether the price seems good? Is this model decent? I'm looking for a Leslie to pair with my Mojo, either to stay at home or transport for gigs.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 710 is a multi channel leslie consisting of horn, same as the 760, 2 static side speakers, a 15" stationary speaker and a rotosonic drum. This is not going to work with your Mojo.They are not a popular model and in the UK I would expect to pick one up for about £200.

I got a 710 a few years back which had been modified to work with an M100. I decided to convert it to a 770 (wood cabinet version of the 760) by removing the side speakers and the rotosonic drum. I picked up a drum from a 760 off eBay and fitted it to the motor that drove the rotosonic drum. As the cabinet is the same dimensions as the 770 it wasnt too hard - I had to relocate the 12" speaker and cut out the baffle board so it lined up with the drum. Works and sounds like a 760/770 - even the speeds are the same.

In the US I imagine Leslie's are common and a lot cheaper than the UK - so a 760 should be easy to come by - so pass on the 710.

The 710 is a multi channel leslie consisting of horn, same as the 760, 2 static side speakers, a 12 speaker and a rotosonic drum. This is not going to work with your Mojo.They are not a popular model and in the UK I would expect to pick one up for about £200.

I got a 710 a few years back which had been modified to work with an M100. I decided to convert it to a 770 (wood cabinet version of the 760) by removing the side speakers and the rotosonic drum. I picked up a drum from a 760 off eBay and fitted it to the motor that drove the rotosonic drum. As the cabinet is the same dimensions as the 770 it wasnt too hard - I had to relocate the 12" speaker and cut out the baffle board so it lined up with the drum. Works and sounds like a 760/770 - even the speeds are the same.

In the US I imagine Leslie's are common and a lot cheaper than the UK - so a 760 should be easy to come by - so pass on the 770.

Actually the 770 is the home/church version of the 760, not the 710 (my mistake). 760/770 has two rotors, bottom one is 15 inch with wood rotary drum, no stationary speakers.