Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Say Hello to Dr. Mike's Music Lab

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a moment of tremendous guilt when I couldn't find the computer lab too -- I was just saying how I keep forgetting to check the non-KC forums, even though I've been active on a few. Glad to see we're growing and developing, rather than haunting me, Jacob Marley-style, from the digital afterlife.

Samuel B. Lupowitz

Musician. Songwriter. Food Enthusiast. Bad Pun Aficionado.

I had a moment of tremendous guilt when I couldn't find the computer lab too -- I was just saying how I keep forgetting to check the non-KC forums, even though I've been active on a few. Glad to see we're growing and developing, rather than haunting me, Jacob Marley-style, from the digital afterlife.

As part of the consolidation of the forums into (hopefully) fewer, more sensible, and easier-to-track, I have absorbed material from elsewhere and taken up the torch of the small, affordable studio and music creation rig, which was and is a huge chunk of my expertise brought over from the magazine. It only made sense for me to cover this end of things, as we have other forums to hit the high end.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music

I didn"t know this existed.

Great forum. Topics of interest for me are here.

Love to share, love to learn.

Cheers

Thanks! I hope a lot of folks find it useful.

KC still has a ton of stuff about computers, interfaces, etc., but those threads tend to get buried fast. I would encourage folks to use this forum for those topics, where they can be looked at front and center, in addition to mentioning them on KC (where traffic is still quite a bit higher than it is here). I'm still figuring out the best way to tie those threads directly to the Lab without disrupting anything.

Dr. Mike Metlay (PhD in nuclear physics, golly gosh) :D

Musician, Author, Editor, Educator, Impresario, Online Radio Guy, Cut-Rate Polymath, and Kindly Pedant

Editor-in-Chief, Bjooks ~ Author of SYNTH GEMS 1

clicky!:  more about me ~ my radio station (and my fam) ~ my local tribe ~ my day job ~ my bookmy music