Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help with RC-30 Loop Station!!!!

beau990

Hello there!

So i recently bought a BOSS RC-30 Loop Station to mess around with and discovered you can upload your own WAV backing tracking onto it. So, i downloaded BOSS Tone Studio which has a bunch of tracks that, when you click download, assigns it to a track on the pedal.

Now my issue is how the heck do i get the loop station to play this backing track so i can loop over it?!?! I have been searching everywhere! It must be so simple aha! It says thats its assigned to Track 1_1 in the loop stations WAVE folder. But, how do i get it to play it?

Any help? Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there!

So i recently bought a BOSS RC-30 Loop Station to mess around with and discovered you can upload your own WAV backing tracking onto it. So, i downloaded BOSS Tone Studio which has a bunch of tracks that, when you click download, assigns it to a track on the pedal.

Now my issue is how the heck do i get the loop station to play this backing track so i can loop over it?!?! I have been searching everywhere! It must be so simple aha! It says thats its assigned to Track 1_1 in the loop stations WAVE folder. But, how do i get it to play it?

Any help? Thanks!

Hi, beau990 - Sorry it took me some time to reply.

I've used the other Boss Loopers, but not the RC-30, so my thoughts are based on my work with them, and what little inf0 I could find with a web search.

The first thing you might try is to load up Patch #1, and listen to see if the WAV file has loaded to Track 1? (It seems the RC-30 works somewhat like the RC-50, storing two tracks as a single Patch #.) If not, try loading the WAV file from your computer again, and then Writing/Saving the Patch.

I've included a page from the Boss/Roland website, regarding WAV files in the RC-3 & RC-30. From what I've read there, it does seem like the WAV file you've loaded should be waiting in Track 1 of Patch #1.

Heading out for a while this AM (Wed.). Will check back this afternoon or evening to see if this has helped at all. Good luck!

WAV files & RC-30

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

• 3 weeks later...

I had an RC30 and had no trouble as the saying goes if you RTFM the info you seek is contained therin.

It took me a bit of effort but it worked in the end but unfortunately I cannot run you through it step by step as I sold the RC30 two years ago when I bought an exdemo GT100 at a guitar show.

Col